“Close to River Street fun”

Quality Inn Savannah Historic District
Ranked #84 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stayed here for the Saturday before and after our week on Jekyll Island. First Saturday was not as pleasant due to air conditioner that barely got cold. Watched desk agent change our room from second to first floor for our return stay so that walking our dog was a bit easier. When we checked in the second Saturday, we were informed our room was back on the second floor. After a bit, we got it straightened out. Free breakfast in the small dining area. Roof top patio was nice surprise for relaxing. Staff was friendly. No frills but a good value.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for returning back at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are pleased to know your second stay was all pleasant and that our location was perfect for your needs. We also appreciate you recognizing us as a good value in the area. That being said, I am sorry if you had any difficulties on your first visit. We hope you and your family along with the four-legged friend are already planning your next trip to stay with us.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and myself met another couple for a weekend getaway in Savannah over Labor Day weekend. We didn't originally book the Quality Inn-we had booked a room at the Thunderbird Inn. We found out last minute that our original hotel was closed due to a water issue. Luckily the Thunderbird inn booked us in at the Quality Inn. I'm so thankful they did! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they made sure we didn't have any extra fees from the hotel change. The location of this hotel is perfect. The room was a little dated but clean and comfortable, it was exactly what we needed. Thanks for saving our trip Quality Inn!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for staying at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are delighted to read you and your husband loved our ideal location and courteous service. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you both again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stopped here because I can use and earn points and it was the easiest to get into from the street. The place needs updating, esp in the rooms. The staff at the front desk were awesome. Very friendly and answered all of our questions.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Richard, thank you for staying with us. We are glad you liked the attentive service from our Front Desk associates. We also value your observation in regard to renovation. We are currently in the process of refreshing the areas in our hotel that you identified. We hope you all will make plans to visit us to see our new look.

Shelby Pickhardt,

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms were nice. Location is great. Very close to City Market. We snagged a parking spot on the side street next to the hotel and had free parking for our stay. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants and bars close.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Coleen, thank you for choosing to stay at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are delighted to know our location close to various attractions of the city was convenient for your visit and that you enjoyed the exceptional service provided by our staff. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you both back soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Don't judge this book by it's cover. It doesn't look bad, it is just tucked away and looks a tad bad. But it's a nice hotel. Our room was spacious and nice. The hotel is near some nice tourist spots. The price was right. The staff was nice. They are pet friendly. We stayed there with our dog and puppy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Karen, thank you for sharing your experience at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are glad to know you loved the convenience of our location and were impressed with the service provided by our courteous associates. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family, and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This hotel is located steps away from the famous waterfront and the historic downtown area of Savannah. Although the outside of the building looks a bit run down, the room was actually quite OK. Also there was good WiFi and ample parking. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: more quiet rooms away from the main street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for the taking the time to share your review of Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are pleased to read our location was ideal for your needs and that our associates left you with a good impression. We value your feedback and hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit this area.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Okay, let's start with the location, which is very good. It is located next to two much nicer looking hotels, which makes it look much worse from the outside, but it is located very close to many of Savannah's attractions, right at the end of the downtown area and right near the River Street, which has some really cool bars and restaurants and plenty to do. So, you can't really go wrong with where it is located.

If you judge it solely by its outside appearance you will not want to stay there. It looks like a cheap motel with a crummy parking lot attached. When you look at it from the outside you will feel ripped off because it could be fairly costly, but when you step inside you see that it is not half bad. Nothing luxurious, but you get what you paid for. My daughter and I stayed there only for one night and we had two fairly comfortable double beds. We had a TV, bathroom and a fridge. It was not dirty nor was it pristine inside, but not a turn off.

My experience at this hotel was clouded by my time in the breakfast room downstairs, adjacent to the office. They offer a free breakfast and it looks pretty good with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy being featured. My daughter took her food and sat down. I took mine and then promptly, and accidentally, hit my plate with the cover for the gravy and everything spilled to the floor. I felt terrible about spilling the food and embarrassed by having done it in front of my daughter and another couple that was seated in the room with us.

There was a woman in the room whose job was to clean up and, I think, to refill the food trays when they were empty. Her reaction to my accident made me feel much worse. She rolled her eyes and thrust them toward the heavens (because I meant to make her day start off badly) and she said, "I will clean it up". She said that at least three times, which made it even worse. I just quietly picked up some of the mess and then poured a cup of coffee.

My daughter, who is my favorite person in the world and who is the last person I want to be embarrassed by my actions, told me to get more food but I was so embarrassed by the woman's reaction that I told my daughter I was okay. The man who was sitting with his wife said, "Please get more food. It's good stuff." When I told him I would not, he said, "I'd feel better if you ate". A very nice gentleman. Of course, the woman said nothing except to sigh when she had to pick up my mess, which lasted the entire time that I was in the room with my daughter.

I left and we gathered our things upstairs to check out, went to our car and then went into the office to give up our keys. The woman was standing in the room, talking to the clerk behind the counter, and the conversation immediately ended when I walked in, making me think they had been discussing this big oaf who ruined this poor woman's day. While I was checking out, the woman remained next to the clerk, just staring at me, which made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

So, needless to say, I will not be staying at this hotel ever again. While it was not the worst hotel I ever stayed in, I never felt worse in my entire life while leaving a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't do anything by accident here or you will pay a price.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your concerns. Please accept our apologies as well as our assurance that we will be working to address the concerns outlined in your review. Our staff typically does a terrific job with our guests’ needs, and we are sorry that did not happen in your case. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you better on a future visit.