“Was on Our List”
Review of The Howlin Hound

The Howlin Hound
Ranked #225 of 924 Restaurants in Savannah
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Howlin Hound had been on My Daughter & I's list of "must go to's". After an Dr's Visit and time and arrived just as they unlocked the doors. Staff very Friendly. I ordered Fried Chicken Sandwich w/ Home Fries .. She had Christy's Ruben w/ Potato Croquettes. All though the Food was REALLY good, This is Not Fast Food. Waited between 20-25 minutes from Order to Table. We totally enjoyed Our Lunch and can't wait to bring My Husband. My only negative was Decor ... it was the Rustic I had expected ...until I went to sat at My table. I don't get the Gold Wedding Reception Chairs ( just my observation)

Reviewed August 4, 2017

This restaurant is trying, but it needs help in the kitchen. Both of our dinners were over-cooked; the lobster tail would not even come out of the shell in bits, and the scored flounder was tough. That's sad because the menu is interesting and there are decent wines at moderate prices (beer too). The decor is OK for a burger joint. The prices on the regular menu are right up there. Not a good value at this time.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

I was there with a very large group and had checked their website beforehand for the menu. Sadly, the website had not been updated, so I could not have the Chorizo Burrito for my lunch. Instead, I decided on the Cuban - and was happy I did! Very large sandwich, excellent crispy bread, fabulous flavor!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Wanted something different from normal sandwich fare. The place was clean and the service was very good despite a little spartan environment and ordering at the kitchen. Be sure to review all the specials and ask questions instead of just ordering the first thing you see on the board. They have a wide variety. The sandwiches were excellent. I had the salmon sandwich and there was a very good size piece of good tasting salmon. My wife had a Reuben which was a good size and really tasted good. Both were better and different from the ones we get at other restaurants. We will definitely be going back to try some more tasty meals.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

I went to dinner with a group of 9 several days ago. They are having a special "hamburger and beer" week in this area. There was one special hamburger, which most of the party tried.I ordered from the regular menu. My hamburger arrived cold, without the side that was supposed to be with it. Several others had similar experience and it took forever to get food and all the orders were mixed up. The Server appeared to be overwhelmed and did not seem to know what she was doing. It was not that crowded so there should hat have been an issue. I have heard good things about this restaurant, and the chef has worked at numerous others in town. I will not be back here anytime soon. They need a serious adjustment to food and service!!

1  Thank jwral