1,636 results
All reviews river street cotton warehouse front desk historic hotel fifth floor a river view room happy hour cotton exchange rocking chairs complimentary wine small balcony turn down service four poster bed parking garage hardwood floors container ships restaurants and shops
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved staying at this romantic hotel. The employees were delightful and accommodating. It seemed to be in the heart of the town with entertainment, restaurants, shops, and the waterfront only steps away. Beautifully decorated and restored, it was like staying at a southern home away from home. I would stay up late at night, after the hustle and bustle of the people enjoying their strolls looking at the artwork next to the waterfront, just to watch the ships go by. Such a peaceful feeling. Afterward, I would retire into the most comfortable four poster bed I've ever slept in. River Street Inn is like a small portion of "Heaven on Earth."

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jennifer H, Manager at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review 149mor. We are so pleased you enjoyed our little slice of heaven. We are very proud of our waterfront location. There truly is nothing else like it. Did you know that there are sometimes even dolphins and seals in the brackish waters in front of our historic building? We just love it when our guests fall in love with our 200 year old converted cotton warehouse and hope we will see you the next time you're in our beautiful city.

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is definitely not what I expected for Savannah. The front desk staff, so far 3 different women, have all been extremely rude and unaccommodating. They don't offer any help, and act as if you are bothering them when you ask a question. One of them even hung up on me when I called down for help.

The WiFi is spotty at best, and don't expect them to help. Mold in the bathroom. Rooms are not super clean.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Good morning Roxanne. Thank you for staying with us. We apologize if you did not have a pleasant experience with a few of our team members. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and we will review your feedback with our team to ensure our top quality service standards are being upheld. We hope you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful historic building and hope you will come back and see us the next time you're in Savannah!

Reviewed November 7, 2018

I needed a hotel half-way down to Orlando for the night to make my trip not so exhausting so instead of grabbing a cheaper one on the interstate, I opted for a more expensive room right in the heart of Savannah. I've always wanted to stay in this area of Savannah so I made that little dream happen.

It's a lovely hotel right on the river. Parking offered directly is ONLY Valet ($30 for the night), which is one thing I got confused about initially based on what the web site said about parking. There is other parking around the area but not specific to the hotel - just if you can get it. There is a parking garage across the street, behind the Holiday Inn which costs $20/night. It was Full when I arrived, though, so I didn't have much choice but to do Valet. The Valet staff were super-nice and helpful. I personally don't care for Valet because I don't like not knowing where my car is if I need it in an emergency in the middle of the night. But that comes with all hotels with Valet service, especially in a downtown area like this.

I loved the rustic old mill look of this hotel. The iron bars between floors with rooms and public access were cool. The elevator takes a bit of time to come around but that didn't bother me. There were probably stairs at the end of each hallway that I didn't know about. I was on a floor where the main entrance stairs don't go to.

There is easy access from the main floor to River Street. There are restaurants right there on site. Also a jewelry store. They have a nice welcome reception each night with snacks a beverages. Lots of things to see and do within walking distance of this hotel, including The Waving Girl statue; dolphin cruises; restaurants; shopping; river boat cruise; etc.

I had a room that looked onto Bay Street with a door that opened up onto a small walkway balcony. One Queen bed. Comfortable room. Nice bathroom. No, I didn't see any ghosts but I was sure one was trying to electrocute me after a leak in the faucet drenched the sink counter where my flat iron was plugged in! LOL

All in all a great historical hotel to stay in if you have the money. This was a one-time luxury night for me.

Room tip: A room on the main lobby floor or lower allows for use of main stairs to and from your room.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jennifer H, Manager at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thanks for staying with us KTK113. We are honored to be your first historic district hotel experience. There is truly nothing more Savannah than staying at our 200 year old converted cotton warehouse and we are so pleased that our historic ambiance made your Savannah visit special. We hope you will be able to come stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. The valet drivers were very nice and helpful. The cleaning staff was very friendly and helpful. There was one front desk clerk that was not the most helpful, and this is why I only rated it a 4. The rooms were clean, and you can't beat the location and the price.

Room tip: I would request a room with a balcony. I wish I had known that a balcony room was available.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jennifer H, Manager at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback us Angela. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our wonderful river front location and our beautiful historic building and love when our guests appreciate it as well. We hold our customer service to the highest priority and will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure that our guest service standards are being upheld. We hope you will visit us again the next time you're in the city!

Reviewed November 3, 2018

The hotel is very unique in that it is historical and preserved. Very nice furnishings and the staff is excellent and very quick with every need you have. We enjoyed our weekend visit and hope to return soon. We learned that they are doing a renovation soon and hope that the quaintness and antique looks will remain. Very nice!

Date of stay: October 2018
Jennifer H, Manager at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Thank you for staying with us Odyssey67023259011! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are proud of our 200 year old building and we love it when our guests enjoy our historical ambiance as much as we do! We will share your feedback with our dedicated staff and hope that you will be able to visit us again soon!