All reviews bedroom suite white bluff historic district front desk full kitchen free breakfast indoor pool social hour couple of nights first floor great room morning breakfast hot breakfast bed was comfortable the river visiting savannah publix
Reviewed July 15, 2018

I said it all in the title. The Staff was extremely friendly and took care of us. If I return to the city you can bet I will stay here. When we checked in I was taken by surprise when they told us they would be serving hamburgers that evening and they would be serving fajitas on the next evening.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Angela S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Hi Antiquefoodie,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Midtown. I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the evening "Mix". Come visit us again soon..

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We booked the family suite. The staff were quite friendly, but not overly helpful. The room was dated, and not overly clean. It overlooked a busy road and the noise from the constant traffic was enough to keep us up all night as the room wasn't soundproofed, but to exacerbate an already bad situation, the air conditioner was located in a closet in one of the bedrooms. The noise from the a/c was very loud, it felt like there was a train running through the apartment and the unit was shaking so much inside the closet that all the rooms in the apartment were shaking too. I asked the girl on the reception desk for ear defenders which she provided but I barely slept a wink which was tough as I had a 6 hour drive the next day. All in all a terrible experience which I would not like to repeat. We paid $274 for one night and we left feeling ripped off and very tired.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Angela S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Hi Corbettland,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Midtown. I would like to apologize for the road and AC noise. In addition to the response of my staff member. I will be addressing these issues with my team. I hope you will come visit again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn, Marriott, with my family for my Graduation from South University. We had an excellent experience and especially enjoyed the hospitality given by Cleveland who showed outstanding performance and efficiency. Cleveland greeted my family and I every morning with a smile and went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of, always having our car ready for us in valet whenever we needed to leave in a hurry. The entire staff was friendly, rooms were clean and the environment was comfortable and convenient to all downtown activities. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely come again in the future.

Jennifer D'Angelo

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Angela S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments on your recent stay. This review was for the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown where Cleveland works. I will be sure to forward this review to that hotel.

Thanks again for your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is off the beaten path ticked away near a small college and a busy commercial highway. The hotel is very lovely, furniture was up to date, very spacious rooms. The one bedroom queen will fit 2 adults and 3 small children comfortably. The kitchenette was very nice and overall very clean....that's the good.
The Bad: just a list
Shower: need new shower heads....hated the shower...need handle to get out of shower on back end of shower instead of front or on both ends. If you are not paying attention, you will fall getting out of shower.
Room Placement: I was in front of hotel facing highway....cars zooming down the street all night... restful night of sleep...NOPE! Ask for room on back side.
Parking: if you get there late in evening, I don't know where you will park...maybe across the street at college. Parking was not designed for the amount of rooms in hotel.

It is really a nice hotel...it really is. I just did not have a great experience because I was in my room hoping I didn't get run over by one of the hundred cars that went up and down that street all night long. Just make sure you get a room away from the highway.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Angela S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Hi Clm M,

Thank you for taking the time to share both the good and bad comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guest. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations. Unfortunately, sometimes we make mistakes. The feedback you have given allows us the opportunity to improve. Come visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

We stopped last minute for the night on our way south. We were greeted by a friendly staff and check in quickly as well as a free upgrade to our room to accommodate our family better. Hotel was an extremely clean and very well kept. Free breakfast and complimentary appetizers and beverages at arrival was a great bonus too. Definitely would stop again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi amyvon74,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Midtown. I was delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to your return visit.