“Wonderful atmosphere and good food”

Taliano's Italian Resturant
Ranked #24 of 280 Restaurants in Fort Smith
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2017

We were traveling on a motor coach tour and Taliano's was our evening meal choice. The atmosphere is wonderful in this restored home. It appears that two additions were made to the restaurant so there is plenty room for large parties and also areas to accommodate an intimate dinner. While waiting for our food to arrive the owner sat at our table and gave us a history of the house and his business. The cocktails served were well prepared. We had a set menu and the entrees provided were very tasty. Our server was a young male that was friendly and provided top notch service.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

This was good homemade Italian food. The bread was fresh and hot and the service was good.
We went twice while we were in town and we all ordered something different both times. We were all very pleased with our decisions.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

Ah, I could see her with her apron. I could almost smell the food that she used to cook, so many years ago, so many miles away from Ft Smith. Even this 100+ year old converted house was like her's. This was the easiest "5" that I have ever given. I loved this place and I am so sorry that distance will keep me away.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This is such a cute place where the entire house was turned into dining areas. There are about 5 rooms downstairs, each looking exactly like the inside of a house but with multiple tables in each room. There were fireplaces and an entryway. Really cool idea. Apparently there is also a second floor that is used for bigger parties. There were groups of 2-10 we saw and everyone looked comfortable and like they were enjoying themselves. We were sat in what looked like a sunroom which I imagine would be beautiful on a nice day with the windows open. For appetizers we ordered the calamari rings, which were good but were not just the rings (those tentacles just freak me out), & shrimp cocktail, which was amazing, it was fresh and had the perfect texture. My husband had a steak which was cooked well done instead of medium as he had ordered, but he still thought it was very good. I had the spinach cheese ravioli which were absolutely delicious! Our waitress was fantastic & her and the guy who seats you were both very nice and welcoming. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Yes, the ambiance in fantastic and yes the service was very good but the food was average fare at best. The bread seemed a denser version of Wonder Bread. The antipasto platter came straight from the deli case at Wal-Mart and the Tuscan Vegetables were plain and over cooked.. The chicken soup was good but nothing that would make me want to come back and the same can be said about the manicotti and cannelloni combination plate. The only dish that impressed was the Chicken San Remo which would make me want to come back if everything else wasn't so pedestrian.