“Great Sunday Lunch”

De Salvo's Catering and Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 85 Restaurants in Rome
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We had heard about this little gem through some FB comments on social media..we were three and each of us had an excellent sandwich...and a small cheese pizza..three chicken sandwiches ..one with bacon and blue cheese, one with greens, and one with peppers and onions..and they cheerfully accommodated the request for long hots to be substituted for sweet peppers..great sandwiches and the pizza was great.. crust,sauce and plenty of cheese!!!
We will be back!

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We visited DeSalvo's last night and enjoyed another incredible meal. We started with the cheese board which includes a tasty selection of cheese, salami, peppers etc. We then shared a sausage and pepper pizza which was incredible. The dough has a perfect chew, excellent crust and great flavor. The sauce is very fresh tasting and has just the right amount of spice. The mozz is top quality and the sausage has such an excellent taste! The pepper slices were just the right thickness so they were tender and moist. We have had pizza here more than a few times and I can honestly say every one has been perfect. I consider their pizza to be my favorite gas oven pizza and I rank it right up there with some of the best coal oven pizzas I've enjoyed. As far as the hats with shrimp dish I had its really hard to describe just how amazing and full of flavor it was. Homemade hats, large shrimp and red pepper slices were bathed in a garlic butter wine sauce that was unreal. There was some very well seasoned spinach placed on top that really added to the enjoyment factor of this dish. Dessert was a slice of excellent salted caramel cheesecake. We have tried numerous dishes here and each and every one has been just incredible. The red sauce here is especially good. The service is excellent as well, always friendly and efficient. I will find it very unlikely that I will visit any other restaurant in the area. DeSalvo's has become our favorite food destination in the Utica/Rome area for sure!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Have been multiple times now and I am still impressed. The food is delicious and the portions are large. The wait staff is attentive. The place is very clean, bright and nicely decorated. It is a plus that they now have wine and beer.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

My daughter, niece, mother-in-law, husband and I went to DeSalvo's last night. I had been there once before, but no one else had. I remained impressed. For an appetizer we had greens and mozzarella sticks. The greens were spicy, but not too spicy and the mozzarella sticks were huge, delicious, and perfectly cooked. The salads consist of colorful greens, not iceberg lettuce. The main dishes came out hot, not warmed under a light, and were incredibly flavorful. Definitely a new favorite place.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I have been there a couple times for dinner and have been disappointed each time. The food is overpriced for small portions, I had fish fry on one occasion and it was bland and the fries had no seasoning. The only saving grace would be the mozzarella sticks and long hots. Save yourself the trouble order pizza and wings (those are also really good ) and if you want fine dining go somewhere else.