“Great staff, great hotel, great stay”

Hilton Vancouver Washington
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We recently spent two days at the Hilton Vancouver while at a dance competition/convention. The dance convention was being held at this hotel so it was a logical choice, and made it very convenient.

The hotel was fairly easy to find and valet parking and check in was efficient and easy. I had booked the "Romance Package" as it included two full American breakfasts, a discount on a dinner entree, and a bottle of sparkling wine, and this priced out a little better then the convention rate. The check in clerk was kind enough to give us a voucher for a free Continental breakfast for our daughter, which was very thoughtful and appreciated.

We had a great room; park view and at the end of the hallway in a back corner. It was large, quiet and spotless. The extra pillows I had requested were in the room, and the sparkling wine and chocolate dipped strawberries that were included in the package were promptly delivered.

Our room was cleaned in a timely manner each day, and I must compliment the hotel staff, who at times must have been overwhelmed with all the dancers, but they were polite, friendly and thoughful! I don't know if it was the hotel staff, our room location or if the dance particpants were just well behaved, but unlike many other times we've stayed in a hotel with large youth groups, the halls were quiet at night and we got a good sleep.

Breakfast each day was great, and we enjoyed our dinner at Gray's at The Park.

My only comment would be that valet parking at $18 a day is a bit expensive, but what can you do? If I returned, I would probably try and find somewhere else to park, but I'm not sure that will be easy in this area.

Overall, a very pleasant stay, and I would certainly recommend the Hilton Vancouver to anyone. We will book there the next time we are in the area. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gracie-boo
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the service you received during your stay! Our team strives to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. Regarding parking rates, we do offer self-parking which is less expensive that valet as well as parking on the street in downtown Vancouver is free on the weekends.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We picked this hotel because it was about a mile from relatives. We normally stay at the Doubletree at Lloyd Center.
First the good. Very comfortable bed. Quiet area on a Friday night. Staff were friendly, as always, I think the valet staff are some of the nicest people in any hotel.
Now the well, not so good. The restaurant. Over-priced and snobby. Breakfast for two should not cost $40.
It is a perfectly serviceable place if you need to be in Vancouver, but I would not recommend the restaurant. I would also not recommend any of the "upgrades" that are available to Hilton members. The large room we got for an additional $20 was nice, but not really needed. The view room was limited by the fact that there are only 7 floors to the hotel, and not much of view. The non view rooms must look at loading dock or Interstate 5, I am not sure.
Next time we will probably go back to the Doubletree at Lloyd Center and commute. They are both in the Hilton family, so everybody wins.

Room Tip: The extras are not worth the money. Get the basic room if you stay here. Valet parking is $5 more...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the quietness of the hotel, comfortable beds and friendly staff. I apologize that our restaurant did not meet your expectations and I will discuss your comments with the staff. We do offer more value oriented breakfast items at our coffee bar as well. Regarding upgrades, we offer a number of upgrade options that include a view of beautiful Esther Short park, our quiet top floor rooms, and some include amenities such as breakfast.

We hope you give our hotel another try when you are in the area visiting family.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I usually stay in Portland, OR when visiting the area from Seattle. I took a chance and decided to stay on the Vancouver side at the Hilton for my recent weekend trip. This hotel is one of the better Hilton's that I've stayed at in the USA. The rooms were tastefully decorated and very clean, certainly met my expectations for a Hilton hotel. The breakfast downstairs was fantastic... enjoyed the Challah French Toast specifically, along with the great service that I've had for the 3 days we have had breakfast. I understand that changes are coming to the Hilton dining and I hope this Hilton is able to keep some of their dishes in the upcoming menu. Parking at the hotel was not a problem...garage is safe, well lighted and a good bargain for $8 a night. Wi-Fi in my room worked well with decent speeds. The beds were comfortable and very quiet. The LCD flat panel TV had good programming. If there was any room for improvement, I would ask if the room doors would not slam if one didn't close the door gently. Definitely a pet peeve of mine as I heard the doors slamming pretty regularly in the morning. Perhaps housekeeping could remember not to slam doors?

I also had my doggie with me and the staff was very cordial and mindful. The park across the street is very convenient to take my dog for a walk. I would be careful at night just like you would be visiting any park at night. The fitness center was very nice, huge and had modern equipment. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future without question! Great job to the staff for making our stay one to remember.

Room Tip: A room by the elevators doesn't mean it will be noisy. Good separation from the elevators and t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We have updated our menus at Gray’s at the Park but please know that our culinary team can still prepare most of the items that were on the previous menu just in case your favorite dish is missing.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I love everything about staying here with exception on the exercise facility. A little stuffy and an odd mix of weight lifting equipment. Pretty standard among hotels. Great restaurant and location.

• Stayed: March 2012
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay and the restaurant. We will finish our fitness center renovation is approximately 30 days and the new improved facility will be great.

Thank you for choosing Hilton and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We needed to stay in the Portland area. The Vancouver, WA Hilton has always been a favorite of mine. They did not let us down. Check in and check out was a breeze, both dinner and breakfast were very good. This continues to be a hotel favorite of ours when in the Portland area.

Room Tip: Get a parkside view to see the most activity.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Hotel_Manager_98188, General Manager at Hilton Vancouver Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your check in experience and our restaurant!

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had to make a few visits (hospice for my brother) to Vancouver, WA, which is right across the river from Portland, OR. This particular hotel made such a sad experience so much easier.

The rooms are generally what you would expect for a Hilton property, but you do want a room that is not oddly shaped (I had one on one of my stays), and smallish.

But the personnel were fantastic. Always friendly, and more than helpful.

Vancouver is not a great town, in my experience, but this particular property is right across the street from a very beautiful park. On the weekend, there is a lovely farmer's market, alongside the park, to the north of the property. Directly across the park (east) is a nice variety of shops ad restaurants, that range in price and goods, that could compete with any city, and I'm from Manhattan (NYC).

I keep going back there, and will again. I didn't like the $20/day parking, but for my first few visits, there was an excellent chef. I was disappointed when that changed and their prices didn't. But when I wrote them, and complained about that, and a couple of very minor things that had more to do with my situation perhaps, than their services, the manager sent me a lovely note, AND a certificate for a free night's stay. I loved that. I wasn't looking for a freebie, but I truly appreciated the manager's note and the free day's stay.

They are not a budget hotel, and the price of their food reflected that. They did not try to insult me (as the Ocean View Hotel in Santa Monica, CA did), but clearly wanted me to be satisfied. I was, and should I have to go back, I will stay there again. Lovely people, lovely place, and great surroundings.

This is a very well-run property, in a very nice area.

I can't say enough about them, other than that if you have to go to Vancouver, WA; THIS is the place to stay..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed here again in mid-January for a couple of days. Staff as always was very friendly and accommodating, including the restaurant, bar, and front desk staff. Great food, convenient location, and reasonable rates. The fitness center just upgraded to the latest touch-screen Precor cardio machines that are awesome!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business