US$251
  • Pool
US$219
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

US$301
Longwood Inn(Brookline)
US$175
US$220
  • Fitness centre
All reviewswood burning fireplaceoutdoor porchbooked last minutehot breakfastcoffee teahot dishesvisiting bostoncoolidge cornereach morningb and bboston areastayed for one nightpleasure of stayingshort walknew englandfirst floorold mansion
Reviewed January 22, 2012

In our search for a perfect inn in the Boston area four years ago, my wife and I happened upon The Bertram. Since then, we have stayed many times at this lovely, homey inn. The charm of the rooms, the graciousness of the staff, the quiet of the rooms, and even the homey snacks and breakfasts attest to the high quality of the hospitality. On our last visit, we asked for an upgrade and since no one was using a larger room, the hostess kindly helped us move from the smaller room to one off the main entrance. In a time of chain hotels underserving and overcharging, The Bertram is a welcome respite for rest and comfort. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have stair climbing problems, the rooms on the first floor are larger than the rest. There is some traffic noise on the rooms on the north side, but it's minimal.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Larry O
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband was having surgery in Boston which required me to find a place to stay while he was hospitalized. I made arrangements at the Bertram Inn for one night for both of us and for myself for three nights. Initially the Inn had us booked on the third floor but due to the type of surgery my husband was having he could not climb all the stairs so we asked if other arrangements could be made. The Inn immediately changed our reservations and put us on the first floor (room #3) the first night, making it easy for my husband. That room was rented for the remainder of my stay so the Inn changed my reservation to the second floor....which was fine with me. I had my things packed and they did the rest. When I returned to the Inn at night I found all my things in the second floor room (#9) which turned out to be very cozy. The staff was extremely friendly during our (my) entire stay. If we ever need to stay in Boston again, we will definitely stay at the Bertram Inn....it's just like home!!!

Room Tip: Check out the Bertram Inn website and review the rooms. I loved the second floor better than the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JoJo759
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Bertram Inn a few times since my daughter moved to Boston and have always been impressed by the food (their cook is amazing) the friendly staff and the beautiful setting. I was lucky enough to stay there in December and was blown away by how beautiful the holiday decor was, they even had a Victorian sleigh in the front yard- so charming! It saddens to me to see their excellent service disparaged in some of these reviews because the staff there really went the extra mile for me from accommodating my gluten allergy to helping me navigate the city."

Room Tip: My first question is always is there a room with one of those Duxiana (not sure if I'm spelling this right) mattresses. Like sleeping on a cloud. All of the rooms are beautifully decorated with gorgeous antiques and the renovations done there maintain the vintage woodwork, tin ceilings and early American architecture. It's just one of the loveliest places I've ever stayed in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Manamoo2
Reviewed January 16, 2012

What a charming little house in a warm neighborhood. Lovely girlie beds and great tea area! I too was put off my less than friendly front desk. Other than that perfect.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Amy O
bertramBrookline, Manager at The Bertram Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear guest,

We thank you sincerely for your review. A general meeting with the Innkeeping team took place and some rough edges continue to be sharpened. We have no doubt that the service we provide is up to par with what we’re known for and been offering for the last 25 years and will continue to improve.

We’re glad to know that the rest of the stay was perfect.

Warmly,

The Innkeepers

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We loved our stay at The Bertram Inn. We have stayed here before and love the charm of the rooms, the delicious breakfasts and the kind staff.

Each time we stay we try a different room and have loved each one for different reasons. They are all beautifully decorated, have very comfortable beds, small but immaculate bathrooms and although located on a city street we have always found them to be quiet and restful.

Breakfast is served in the warm and inviting living room and the sunny porch. There is always a hot entree, a tasty sweet item, lots of fruit and many bread choices. Their coffee is wonderful and available all the time. There are also snacks and sweets left in the living room for late night snacks.

We have found the management, staff and cleaning personnel to be welcoming and helpful. But, I will say that on our last visit, we checked in later in the evening and the young man on staff did not ask if he could help us with our bags(even though on previous visits this had not been a problem). He could see we struggled with one bag and raced it up the stairs and threw it into our room and was gone. And one evening and morning we were there, there was a woman in charge who never gave us a greeting, a look or any other consideration. It appeared she was at odds with the other staff members and it reflected back on the guests. This was not the service we have come to expect at the Bertram. That being said, we will visit again, but hope some staff members realize that we do notice when things are not the way they should be.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank melange1
bertramBrookline, General Manager at The Bertram Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your most recent stay with us. I am disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations, and I want to personally apologize for the lapse in friendly service that you have come to know at the Bertram Inn. I can promise you that I have now spoken with every member of our innkeeping staff to correct this, and you will see that friendly face and extra set of helpful hands when you have the opportunity to come see us again. Thanks for your kind words, and especially for pointing out how we can improve. We hope to see you soon!