All reviews cookies little touches outdoor porch booked last minute visiting boston coffee tea hot dishes each morning coolidge corner breakfast was delicious b and b restaurants and shopping short walk public areas boston area pleasure of staying first floor
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I brought my fiance to the Inn as a birthday surprise because he is fond of Samuel Adams beer. I took him to the original brewery which is only 2 miles away from the Inn. After the tour we went to Doyle's (est. 1882) which is the bar/restaurant that was first to sell Sam Adams beer. The Bertram Inn itself was absolutely beautiful and was a romantic setting for our birthday celebration. We walked one block to the T and found our way to the best shopping I have seen outside of Manhattan. We got a bottle of wine and returned to our gorgeous room and started a fire in the fireplace. We fell asleep to the crackling of the warm fire on the dark wood walls of what looked like an original old library in the mansion. The only negative was the breakfast, i thought it could have used some basic hot dishes like eggs or pancakes. Overall my stay was great and I hope to return to the Bertram soon.

Room tip: Room # 3 is off the lobby so if you are a noisy couple don't pick this room.
Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family stayed at the Bertram Inn in May while we were celebrating my brother’s graduation from Emerson College and our time there was excellent.

The breakfasts were delicious and there were cookies and fruit snacks in the common area. The rooms are fantastic as the management has kept true to the early 20th century style furnishing. The beds were comfortable and although each room had a different palette, they were all excellent.

All of the staff members were friendly and frequently asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. The innkeepers also accommodated the many adjustments we made to our reservation as our guests arrived for the main event.

One instance in particular showed how much the Bertram Inn’s patrons love the place – an older couple agreed to switch rooms at an innkeeper’s request and didn't even ask to be compensated for the change. I especially have to recognize Astrid for taking such good care of us - she even offered a complementary treat when my mother had to change rooms.

I would highly recommend The Bertram Inn to anyone coming to the Boston-Brookline area. I’d love to spend time there again in the near future.

You can see the love they got on 4sq too: https://foursquare.com/v/bertram-inn/4c6ecf0ad274b60c03a5d40d

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a great place to stay for the price! There are snacks and hot beverages available 24 hours a day. The breakfast is varied, healthy, and plentiful. The parking is reasonable and the neighborhood is good for shopping. We stayed here and walked to a show at the House of Blues. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I'm posting the same review for bothThe Bertram Inn and The Samual Sewall Inn since they are managed by the same people, share staff and kitchens, and are across the street from each other. These very nice B&B's are located in Brookline, just outside of Boston. We’ve stayed at each several times over the past two years since our daughter moved to Brookline. We find them to be very nice, with helpful staff, good breakfast and snacks, and a great location, two blocks from Beacon St and the T. These are two very old, beautiful houses, and we’ve had issues a couple of times with HVAC. They seem to recognize this problem and generally have extra space heaters or fans, depending on your need. Parking is on site for an extra $12 or so per night, which is a bargain for the area.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank Cobi00
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We've stayed many places in Boston while visiting our daughter who is a student at BU and this is by far our favorite. Very nice calm ambience, friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable beds and easy walking distance to the T

Room tip: Some traffic noise from street - ask for a room away from road.
Date of stay: November 2012