“Don't stay here”

Travelodge Fredericksburg
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I booked the room and when I got to the door the smell of urine outside the room was overwhelming. I opened the door and the non smoking room stunk like smoke and the carpet was so gross my daughter wouldn't go in. I went to the front desk and returned the key and asked for an immediate refund. I just got my credit card bill and there is a $10 charge on there which I am disputing. As we were leaving there was a drug deal going on in the parking lot. Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Chirag P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear recreator475,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am so sorry that you smelled smoke in your room and I want to assure you that we do our best to ensure that smokers do not smoke in our non-smoking rooms; and when a situation like this occurs, we address it immediately, thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting to restore the clean smell of our accommodations.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Chirag P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 10 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Chirag P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Reviewed 28 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Chirag P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Reviewed 21 June 2017

It was just very run down, I booked for a queen bed since I like to spread out, but it was two twins, it was non-smoking but all of my clothing smelled of smoke after leaving, there was only coffee and hi-c available for breakfast, not food even present. If I hadn't needed a cheap room to sleep in I would have not stayed to be honest. The service was kind but the building and how it was held up was horrible

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Chirag P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear K3231FTkennethp,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I'm all for a bargain but I will definitely never stay here again. Room LOOKS decent but the lingering stench of a long time smoking room (now designated nonsmoking) is undeniable. Needs a major overhaul. I'm practically speechless.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Karen W,

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The following is a little long, but it will tell you everything you need to know any the condition of this hotel. Crumbling structures, overgrown parking lot, empty lot on the left, and peeling paint greeted me upon first driving up. I looked at my fiancé, and said "I think this place is abandoned". He says " Maybe...no wait there's a couple cars in the lot". I go through the checkout process in a non-airconditioned office. The staff polite as he told me how to get to my room. My fiancé parks the car, and we make the journey to our room. I almost fall down the stairs as I trip on the uneven and broken concrete. We get into our non-smoking room and are assailed by the stench of cigarettes and the heavy chemical odor used to mask it. My fiancé turns the air conditioner, thank God it works. I sit down on the mattress and stared at the quilt, realizing that it was damaged. I look closer and find several cigarette burns. I look at the other comforter and find the same thing. I hear my fiancé say "no wonder it smells like smoke and there are burns, the smoke detector is missing!" I look up and sure enough there is an empty cradle on the wall where it should be. I take a shower. I use one of the hotel towels to dry off, and it feels like sandpaper on my skin. I think to myself that I have stayed in some lo-class cheapo places, but this place takes the cake. I long for the Super 8 we stayed at in Orlanda for $28 a night. It had roaches, but it was cheap, had a pool and a hot tub, refrigerator, microwave, and towels that didn't rip out my hair. I sigh, and hope for the night to pass quickly. I wake up in the morning and get out as quickly as possible. I'm excited about the free breakfast, because I will need some energy for the activities planned. I go into the office, slightly cooler than yesterday, but thats because it is only 8am. I search the bar and I don't see any food. "Did I miss breakfast" I ask the desk staff. He looks at me confused and responds "no, it's over there." I look again and am stunned to see a few slices of bread and some butter from a squeeze container. I'm speechless that my "free breakfast" is bread and butter. I think to myself, "surely not". I search more, my fiancé helps, and all we are able to find is bread, fake butter, and a pot of coffee. I disappointedly take a seat as my fiancé gets a cup of coffee. He sits accross from and takes one sip of his coffee before making a disgusted face. He looks at me and says "can we stop for breakfast." "Of course" I respond and jump up from the table. The next day I contacted Wyndham about the state of my room and asked someone to contact me back. It has been 6 days and I haven't gotten a response. Please don't stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Chirag P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Sarah J,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel.We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredericksburg
11 km away
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#23 of 41 in Fredericksburg
11.1 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North
Americas Best Value Inn - Freder...
#29 of 41 in Fredericksburg
10.4 km away
Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg North
Red Roof Inn Fredericksburg Nort...
#19 of 41 in Fredericksburg
11 km away
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#28 of 41 in Fredericksburg

Been to Travelodge Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!