“Excellent place to Stay....!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge South

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge South
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Found everything excellent like room is super clean,good firm bed & pillows,towels are soft,good forced water in shower,very good breakfast,High Speed WIFI.Well treated by the management. Good location for me where I was visiting. Will be returning to Fredericksburg,VA and will be staying at this location. Off Interstate and quiet and reasonable price. Would recommend to anyone clean and comfortable....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 November 2016

The room was reasonably well maintained for such a low cost option. Very close to amenities in the area. Made the perfect choice for stop over before heading home on 95 South. Helpful and detail oriented staff.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Clean old dates good for one night traveling to South Carolina it was quite the place was packed hot shower no wash cloths cold refrigerator clean sheets coffee was good breakfast was nothing on bun a d ceral

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2015

If you're old enough to have seen The Beatles first film, "A Hard Day's Night," you're old enough to know about Paul's Grandfather - who was frequently referred to as "cleeeeen." Look, staying at an older Econo Lodge, my goal was to spend as little as possible and pray I was safe, secure and "cleeeeen." This place is conveniently located, well kept, clean inside and cheap cheap cheap.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Not sure if this was the hotel I stayed at (looks similar in pictures-but wrong address). Stayed here one night prior to heading south, nice rooms, with good working refrigerator and microwave, bed comfortable and nice working tv. Staff nice and helpful, continential breakfast included cereals, yogurt, juice and coffee. Great price for one night.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Do NOT stay here! Unless you are comfortable in dirty, unsafe conditions!

Driving back to NY from Florida, Myself & my family stayed here at 3:00AM as we were too tired to drive. Rate was 49.99 online (56.57 with taxes). We just wanted to rest.
The hotel is set back down off the main road which IMMEDIATELY worried me. It was somewhat secluded.
The Girl at check in was pleasant in the office. No complaints with her. The office/reception area was dirty, old, run down and smelled of stale cigarettes BIG TIME!
We got to the room, parked and I watched a strange man walk out of 1 hotel room and cross the parking lot to go to another room. Right there , I knew this place was a seedy, welfare flop house.

Scared to death, we went into the room...yup, pretty old, run down. beds appeared to have crisp clean linens. shower and sink both were PEALING. Never saw this before. They must have been refinished and now...they need replacing. My daughter didn't want to brush her teeth in the sink...(and neither did myself or husband) there was no drain stopper either. The bathroom wall was separating and peeling from the wall. it was gross. (no mold or mildew)

I was truly hoping the car wouldn't get broken into...or the room! The smoke detector wasn't powered...no light! The door to the room was tricky to open , God forbid there was a fire! This needs immediate attention by safety authorities!

Breakfast... HA! ewwww! Wait, I arrived after my husband with 10 minutes to spare for breakfast before it ended. I was just going to take 5 to wolf something down into my belly quick. The woman could not wait to tell me that I only have 8 minutes until breakfast is over. (she did the same to my husband 5 minutes earlier) She was rude to all of us. Cereal, a crazy waffle making lady(just wanted to close down shop on the dot), coffee, hard bagels, cream cheese, bread for toasting jelly, and danishes of some sort. I think there was juice too...but I had NO appetite from the surroundings. I made my sleeping son a bagel with cream cheese to bring back to the room to eat while we showered. wrapped it in a napkin and discreetly left to go back to the room. The woman rushed over to my husband to "inform" him of the rule, no food to be brought back to the rooms. He explained it was 1 bagel for his child and not a stash. She just wanted to make the rule clear, they only bend the rule for special circumstances ( like a child that was there with a broken leg). and another patron chimed in making fun of her...because she was acting like it was the Ritz. Uhhh.... she really didn't have to make such a big deal about it and waste her time. Seriously, this woman must live there and be the maid as well. she couldn't wait to shut down breakfast as my husband told me. I was in that room and out in like 4 minutes...leaving her a whole 4 minutes to go before closing.

I think they house welfare people there...or rent out rooms for longer stays for housing.
Yes, there was a tire floating in the half full pool with green water. It was still swimming weather in September.

Anyway... DO NOT STAY HERE! Stay somewhere else. Do not bring kids here! Now I'm reading the reviews...and wish I did before staying there for 7 hours.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 22 October 2014

Desk clerk refused to show us the room before we paid ... he gives us a "non smoking" room which totally tank of cigarettes. The clerk refused to change our rooms, saying "you already have a non smoking room" ... we wanted to check out and he refused to refund, saying "you need to pay a cancellation fee which is the same amount as what you have already paid"

Even as we checked in, slimy men were lurking around our room.

If you want to live in the projects, book this disgusting hotel

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family