The Kenmore Inn
US$99
US$103
HIExpress.com
Sleep Inn Southpoint(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$76
Country Inn
US$159
Hampton.com
US$129
All reviewsfront porchmarye's heightsfrench toastkenmore roomprincess annehistoric locationworking fireplacejacuzzi tubbed and breakfastrooms are smallromantic getawayguest roomsbreakfast was deliciousdowntown fredericksburgcivil warone night staykenmare
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Kenmore Inn is nice place to stay in Fredricksburg, well located and operated by a very pleasant staff. It is not luxurious though and certain amenities need to be fixed, e.g. the second floor coffee station had a broken coffeemaker which was not replaced during my two nights' stay. The public lounge was not inviting; no comfortable chairs or sofas, no books or games.. Its main draw is location : one can walk anywhere downtown within minutes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Had a very nice two night stay at The Kenmore Inn. We stayed in the Rose Room which was a nice size. The Kenmore Inn is an historic inn, not a traditional B&B. Our room was comfortable, the front porch and gardens are beautiful and a nice place to relax after a day of sightseeing. Our breakfasts were excellent--great choices, good food, pleasant service. The Inn is located within an easy walking distance of the historic downtown sites. It is also an easy drive to the Civil War battlefields. We had dinner in the downstairs restaurant at the inn on our second night. The food was wonderful and there is a very nice bar there as well. Only complaint about our stay would be that insulation is poor and noise travels easily.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I enjoyed a lovely one night stay at the Kenmore Inn, but I wish I was able to stay longer! I stayed in the Marye's Heights room with private bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, there was a nice dresser with TV (didn't watch TV), and there was complementary sherry which was a nice touch.

I felt very comfortable in the room; it was a nice, large size with 2 sitting chairs and a side table and closet. I was in a rush in the morning and was sad that i didn't make time for the home cooked breakfast. However, the scones i enjoyed were the best i ever had. Also, the innkeeper suggested and rushed to prepare a fruit cup for me. I appreciated her attentiveness.

The only negative things, this room is highlighted as good for the business traveler, but there is not a desk in the room. The small side table is adequate for a short term use (i used if for 2 hours). Also, I found the room to be quite dim (which is probably the point for a relaxing room). If you are trying to get some work done, it would be better to have more light. I'm sure you could borrow a lamp from another location, but i didn't think of that until i left.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HikingWithWine
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here one night on our trip through Virginia and I only wish we had more time! Perfectly located to take advantage of all Fredericksburg has to offer we hardly had to leave the hotel to experience the charm and hospitality of the South. the building itself is perfectly restored and the rooms very elegant and yet cozy. The restaurant and tavern were reasonable priced and the food was very good. The only place where improvement could be made is in the training of the wait staff, but even they were so nice and willing to help that it seems an unkindness to suggest it!

The manager who checked us in went constantly above and beyond the call to satisfy our every whim and although we did not partake,they had a wonderful wine tasting scheduled, which she invited us to.

The house itself is uniquely built,used originally as a private home, refitting for hotel was done well so as to maintain the charm and 'family' feel while never losing the luxury of privacy.

I loved it and would happily go back!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Paranormalnj
Reviewed January 15, 2012

It's a nice B and B with many rooms and a bar and restaurant in the basement, and a courtyard. Our room was nice, quaint and comfortable. The Kenmore is conveniently located for walking about historic Fredericksburg. The breakfast was very good; it was more like a restaurant style breakfast; no specific time to eat, no group eating, and a menu. This was a refreshing change from the more typical everyone-eats-at-once at a specific time, though maybe a little lighter breakfast.

Room Tip: Note, we didn't see a fitness center as the rating suggests.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple