The Kenmore Inn
US$80
Country Inn
US$111
US$93
Sleep Inn Southpoint(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
Sleep Inn(Fredericksburg)
US$51
SleepInn
All reviewsfront porchmarye's heightsfrench toastkenmore roomprincess annehistoric locationworking fireplacejacuzzi tubbed and breakfastrooms are smallromantic getawayguest roomsbreakfast was deliciousdowntown fredericksburgcivil warone night staykenmare
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in the Kenmore Inn for 3 nights, one of which was during a thunderstorm when the lights went out! The staff had already given us torches but it really made the evening very atmospheric as the Kenmore is a beautiful period property. Outside you have the porch with swings and lots of comfortable chairs where you can spend your evening watching the world go by. It is very close to the historic center of Fredericksburg and, if you can get a space, you can park right outside for free. The rooms are small but brilliantly furnished. Ours had a fourposter bed and a fireplace. The bathroom, however, was small although it did have a jacuzzi bath and shower. The breakfast was fine in the main dining room and I would recommend the restaurant in the cellar - we had an evening meal of steak and creme brulee which was mouthwateringly good! I had confirmed out reservation with an online site before travel and unfortunately when we arrived the booking had not been confirmed. This was not a problem to the staff who gave us the room we wanted (you confirm which one you want at time of booking) and said they would sort it out with the booking agents. The staff also let me print off boarding passes etc on their own systems when leaving. I would high recommend this property is you want something authentic to the area.

Room Tip: Go for a front facing room and, after dinner, go out early to see the fireflies while sitting on the porch!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank Something-Different!
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is a cross between a B&B and an Inn. It is professionally staffed 24 hours per day like an Inn but the rooms are more B&B-like. It is an old place (circa 1824) but was updated in 2001. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed but a little dark for reading. Also, since the place is historic, it is cooled by window air conditioners which can get on your nerves.

The breakfast was very good and served on your schedule between 7:30 and 10. Also, there is a bar and restaurant in the basement so you don't have to go out for dinner if you are tired of driving. You can also walk a few short blocks to the historic district where there are lots of nice restaurants. If we were in the area again, we would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a very relaxing stay. Breakfast was excellent. The scones were delicious. Bacon unbelievable. Coffee...just ok and the coffee maker on the second floor did act up at times. But , a beautiful place. Quiet, but just a short walk to the center of town. The restaurant down stairs is a real hidden gem. Some of the best Tuna I have ever had. If I get back to this area again there is no doubt that I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 201 was excellent, don't know about the others.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Don't even hesitate when booking this B&B! It's a hidden treasure! I knew nothing about Fredericksburg, but I happened to stumble upon this Inn while planning a road trip to Manassas, VA. We were taking my daughter's boyfriend home from college and Manassas didn't have much to offer in terms of accomodations. We reserved the "Washington Suite" which offers 2 bedrooms and 1 full updated bathroom with a separate shower and jetted tub. The price was awesome considering a full gourmet breakfast was included. The only con was the room did not have central air, but we had a window unit that kept us cool even in July. I loved all the antique decorations and furnishings, but what I enjoyed most was the front porch swing. If you look carefully, you can see the Robin's nest from the front porch. I was able to zoom in and capture a photo of a baby bird ready for a feeding. This place feels like home and we can't wait to return, especially now that they are offering dinners. You can also follow them on Facebook. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Kenmore Inn and loved its charm. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was well-appointed. Breakfast was also very good. The pub and restaurant were closed both nights, but we had a great meal at a local restaurant recommended by the Inn's staff. Very good locale for visiting nearby historical sites.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple