See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Basically, this hotel was a place to lay down for a few hours while on a trip. We did not expect more than a 2 star hotel and that is what we got. The rooms are old and need updated. The beds were supposed to be queens, but were a full-size at best. This is an older hotel and it looks it. The Continental breakfast was meager at best. This was a classic case of getting what you pay for and nothing more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bob P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2014

Dear Erick S,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. Due to the construction of our building, our lobby is not large enough to have an expanded continental breakfast. We do try our best to provide a breakfast in order to keep pace with today's lodging industry. We also only offer king or queen beds as part of our bedding. I am not sure why you felt that our beds were not large enough. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-Fredericksburg South,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife and i were traveling north and were tired so we pulled off 95 and went to the Econo with our coupon.Looking around before i went in the office should have been a warning.To cut to the chase it was probably the worse motel we ever stayed in.The room was fairly clean,but the pool was broking there were scary people walking around outside.The place in general was a dump where families and people on public assistance lived.I found that out going to the place set up for breakfast.No one bothered us but it had a very uncomfortable presence and needless to say no matter how tired i am will never go back.

Room Tip: Tip stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southland33
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Only one table and two chairs in Lobby/Dining Area for Continental Breakfast. Could not sit down and eat. Had to wait for table and chairs to be unoccupied. Much too confined of an area for that and that many guests. Mattresses are "fair" at best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank George E

Dear George E,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations regarding our breakfast area. We have a limited amount of space based upon the construction of the building. However, in today's hotel industry, we try to at least offer some type of breakfast in order to provide our guests with added value. Our breakfast includes, toast, donuts, juice, coffee, yogurt, cereal, and milk.

Americas Best Value Inn-Fredericksburg South,VA

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I like this place because it was quiet, convenient to everything, located right on Route #1.
The Manager was real cool. Bahrain and his wife were very accommodating

I definitely recommend this good place.

Room Tip: Talk to manager Bahrain he is great and will help you. I recommend the 2nd room on the 2nd level over the manager's house it is a king and very convenient to the ice maker near the stairs
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank John E

Dear John E,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with great service! We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to the Fredericksburg area.

Americas Best Value Inn-Fredericksburg South, VA

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I called the hotel direct and was told handicap assessable room was not offered for coupon discount. The rate quoted was $52.99, when I contacted central reservations they offered a senior discount for the same room $47.99. Apparently you can't get the senior discount unless you book with central reservations. When we arrived at the room the assessable ramp was covered with ice and snow. After we got to the room and call they did send someone to clear it but it should have been done in advance. The bathroom is larger than most regular baths but tub is not very assessable for those mobility difficulties no seat but it does have grab bars. Instead of a high rise toilet they have a separate riser which wasn't clean. I carry Lysol wipes so I cleaned it myself! Overall the room is shabby with a strange odor but appears clean. We just get so frustrated with what is available for those traveling with mobility challenges.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family