See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2015 via mobile

I cant complaint, very surprise with the room and condition. Prices wise excellent for overnight. Family we are in our way to Boston from Florida. We choose this one thru our route from I 95, less than mile from exit.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Connector240124
Reviewed August 21, 2015

good location, right off the exit. Nice, clean and updated rooms as compared to I was here last time. friendly staff and lots of restuarants near by. Felt safe there and exit is live all night. We will definately consider staying here again when in area

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed June 1, 2015

I am an entertainer at the Virginia Renaissance Faire, and so every May-June I spend five Saturdays in a row in a motel in Fredericksburg. My criteria are, in this order: Cheap. Safe. Clean. Convenient. Over the years I have tried just about every hotel south of Plank Rd., including several that are no longer in business. The current boot of ABVI South will be my go-to motel for as long as they deliver the current level of service at the current price.

Yes, the lobby is a little skeevy. It is hot and not very clean looking. The security barrier is somewhat off-putting. I'm not sleeping in the lobby; I'm sleeping in a room. Their rooms are basic, but clean. Non-smoking rooms do not smell like cigarettes. Everything in them works. They are remarkably quiet, given that they all face Jeff Davis Hwy. This is not a wonderful area of town but -- unlike several other places within a mile that I could mention -- there are no suspicious looking vagrants hanging in the parking lot and no fights at night. I couldn't be bothered to discover whether they claim to serve a breakfast or not, as I couldn't imagine eating in that baking lobby. You are next to a Denny's and across the street from a Waffle House, both within walking distance. Take the cheap rate and buy your own damn breakfast. There are also many decent dinner options in the immediate area -- both directly across Jeff Davis and further south in the Southpointe shopping center.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend & I just recently had the pleasure of staying at America's Best Value Inn & during our almost 2 week (9 days to be exact) stay we had absolutely no complaints what so ever! In fact, it was quite enjoyable! The staff at the front desk was very professional, polite, & courteous! They went above and beyond with accommodating us and all of our needs very well! The housekeeping and room service staff were equally as pleasant & also very efficient with the up keep of our room. During the length of our stay they maintained the upkeep of fresh towels and sheets and kept us well stocked on our toiletries and always did so in a very timely fashion! The room itself was quite spacious and furnished with a very comfortable bed as well as a nice flat screen tv which had free cable & HBO! All & all I give this hotel (and its staff!) a 5-star rating and strongly recommend and encourage anyone who is either planning on visiting the Fredericksburg area or even if you're a local & just need a nice place to stay to visit America's Best Value Inn! It's very affordable and very accomodating and both my girlfriend and I agree that we would most definitely return to their establishment for all of our future hotel needs! Please visit America's Best Value Inn and discover for yourself just how friendly & professional the staff there truly is!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2015

Their claim to fame is a Travel Advisor framed commendation in the main lobby (100 degrees out, uncooled) from 2013. Must have been former owners. The hard working harried desk clerk was the only ray of sunshine. Sweet and tried to be helpful. Spoke English poorly but tried hard to assist. Check-in took 45 minutes with only one guest ahead of us, both of us baking in the heat. The room was somewhat clean but hair blower didn't work and maid replenished neither the used coffee pod and cups nor the shampoo and we had one towel each for showering per day. She/he didn't even take the tip the first day that we left on sink counter. That was fine because we definitely didn't add to it on day 2 - and I left a note to maid - "thanks for making the bed." Maybe he/she reads English. The room had no clock (by then I was not expecting any amenities anyway) and the shower tiles needed regrouting due to mildew. The bathroom ceiling was cracked and showed evidence of a leak, with a poorly executed pain job trying to cover it up. A trip to office with complaints was fruitless as by then it was 200 degrees in the office, 5 folks on line, and still the harried clerk who said he was in training but no "trainer" was in the vicinity. Not a bargain at $75 per night-but I digress! Suggestion to Trip Advisor - create a 0 on your ratings as this place personifies a big fat 0!

Room Tip: We were told we had free wifi but it locked us out and we had to use our personal hotspot.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business