“Perfect for a quick drink and appetizers with friends”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #172 of 474 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stopped here on the way back from a group event, and we were pleased to be able to find a place for all six of us to sit even at 8 at night on a Saturday. We all ordered drinks and were served promptly. A few of us ordered appetizers. The stuffed mushrooms were cheap and were plenty for two people. Three in our group ordered desserts with their drinks and enjoyed the ice cream treats. But one ordered the siracha Brussel Sprouts and waited an unusually long time for them to come out. After we finally got the attention of a waitress the manager on duty came over with our friends order an apologized for the delay. We will be back for dinner sometime in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We were hoping this restaurant had worked out it's kinks from our first visit. Visited the second time on a Tues evening for dinner. Husband had the deep dish pizza. He said it was just okay. Nothing great. I ordered the baby back ribs with green beans and mashed potatoes. Ribs were dry, dry, and dry and lacking any meat. The green beans were just plain bland. The best part was the mashed potatoes. Service was top notch. Server was attentive. Food was subpar. They need to streamline their menu and focus on making fewer items with higher quality. Asked husband if he would go back and he said it was doubtful.

2  Thank christinahC6145DI
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Impressed as soon as we walked in the door! Host was very nice and very friendly even though the place was packed. We have not been here before but we will be coming again! Menu was pretty big. Everything from gluten free healthy options all the way to some great looking burgers. The beer selection was pretty nice as well. Very cool atmosphere and vibe. We will be coming back to check out the dinner scene soon. If it’s as good as lunch, they’ve got themselves some new regulars!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I've been to a number of other BJ's locations, but never this one. All of the others have been wonderful, and this one was exactly the same. Good location, good service, and excellent food. I'm a confirmed BJ's fan.

We arrived about 4:30 on a Saturday, and it was already crowded. The front-end staff were helpful and honest about the 10-15 min wait. We waited, and our number came up within five minutes. We got a great table, and everything was very clean and in order. The server was there right away and took drink orders, and when another server thought we were not being attended to she jumped right in to make sure we had been taken care of.

A appetizers, the flatbread nachos were good. The true measure of nachos is ending up with more goop than chips, and this rule was proven well with this order. I had the sriracha queso dip. While it was good, certainly, I really didn't taste even the slightest hint of spiciness, let alone the distinctive taste of sriracha. The dish as good, and I ate it all, but if they're going to call it sriracha, they need to amp it up a bit.

The mains were excellent. Daughter had the quinoa salad, which she loved. My son and I both had burgers, and they were outstanding. Portions were big, so we had plenty of leftover fries, for which a box was brought without even asking. Drinks were refilled nicely throughout.

Both son and daughter had a pizookie, which they inhaled.

I visited the restroom, which was very clean. My only complaint was that both stalls were completely out of toilet paper. Management needs to check more often on this crucial status.

Bottom line: I have yet to be disappointed at a BJ's, and this visit continued their streak. Good location, nice dining floor, clean and uncrowded, excellent service, and excellent food. I'm a loyal customer, and I'll return to BJ's.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This was the first time I have ever left a restaurant. Short and skinny, my wife and I were on a date night. After a movie we were hungry and since Bj's is new to the area, wanted to check them out. We were seated almost immediately upon arrival. It took roughly 10 minutes to get drink orders. A soda and a tea! This was after I tracked down the manager that was walking around. Someone, not my actual server finally delivered the drinks to our table. At that point, we walked out and went to a different restaurant.