“Great stay”

Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Indiana
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed here for three nights and booked the room on Hotwire. I was hoping for an upgrade to a suite, but the clerk said that they can not upgrade your room when you've booked from a third party. I've never had that response other places, but I did get what I paid for so can' really complain about that. Front desk was helpful and friendly.

The hotel appears to be quite new. There is even a special storage area for the luggage carts, so they are not just sitting out in the lobby.

The rooms are large, even with two queen beds there was extra space, which made it nice. That bathrooms are a decent size. The sink, toilet and shower are all in one room (no sink outside the door), which is what I like. Furnishings seemed fresh and well maintained.

I went swimming in the pool and the water was nice and warm, not like some pools you go to and the water is so cold you never want to go in. There is not a hot tub.

There is a business center, and the computers in there seemed slow. I did use my laptop in the room and found the hard wired internet to be fine.

The breakfast area was beautiful. Lots of space with no shortage of tables. The breakfast included a hot breakfast: sausage, bacon, biscuits, world famous Holiday Inn cinnamon rolls, eggs, and a cool pancake maker where you press a button and out come two pancakes about a minute later. There is also bread, bagels, yogurt, juice etc.

The property is very clean. The one down side to this hotel is that the parking is somewhat limited. I was told I can park in the lots next door (an urgent care place). There are a few fast food places and a Target near by. A nice Walmart a few miles up the road. Distance to DC is about 51 miles, but the trip may take some time due to traffic. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

The front desk employees are horrible! This hotel should really be called Motel 6.. Not Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed May 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Dear Mrsp1601,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Traveled on business to Fredericksburg recently and chose this location. I was extremely pleased with the helpful attitudes and the cleanliness of this property. Plenty of dining options and shopping nearby. There is even a lounge and restaurant across the parking lot for relaxation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Florida. It was very close to 95 and easy to find. The room was spacious and we had a separate living room area. Unfortunately, the walls are paper thin. The children upstairs did not stop running until 11pm at night and we could also hear conversations in all the rooms around us! We also found ants in the bathroom (and we were on the 4th floor), stains on the carpets and we found a toe nail on the coffee table! We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Martysue,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked our hotel location as well as your room accommodations. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions and noise from other guests may have caused. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I drove from Ohio to Fredericksburg to attend a baby shower. It was a long grueling drive in heavy traffic and constant rain. This hotel was very welcoming. The staff was great - friendly and helpful. And the room was bright and the bed was comfortable. It has the same high quality free breakfast I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. They have something I have never seen before. They have an instant pancake machine. All you do is push a button and it spits out 2 pancakes. They aren't as fluffy as my pancakes, but were good. And they have the warm, yummy cinnamon rolls that Holiday Inn Express is known for. I highly reommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on a higher floor. If you are there during the week ask for a room in the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
First of all I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Manager
Centerville, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

On our way home from Florida to Cape Cod this Hotel was a very nice stop. It was way more than we expected as the Hotel stop on the way down was not so good. This hotel was clean, everything was new really not what you usually find at a hotel off 95. The breakfast was Ok better than most express meals. If you want a reasonably priced and VERY nice hotel look no further you can trust this one. I highly recommend. One thing, the lounge that is attached is a smoking one (yes beleive it or not) so keep that in mind.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 21 April 2012

I also greatly appreciate your suggestion about the restaurant and lounge close to our Hotel. This information will certainly give more insight to all Trip Advisor readers, who looks up our property. However I would like to add that our property is totally and strictly Non-smoking. The Restaurant & Lounge named “Yak-A-Doo’s” is actually not a part of the hotel. It is a separate building not even attached to the hotel Building itself. However it shares the same parking lot of the hotel. The Restaurant part of “Yak-A-Doo’s” is non-smoking, but smoking is allowed in the lounge/Bar.

Hotel Manager
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Florida and Fredericksburg was a milestone in our trip. The room was more than expected. King size and well furnished. Staff was very freindly and helpful. It was actually cheaper than what we've paid for similar King Rooms at other Holiday Inns. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2012

Manager