“Three good meals (so far) ”

Teppanyaki Sushi & Seafood Buffet
Ranked #218 of 489 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

I've stopped here at Teppanyaki on three occasions when traveling with business companions. It very convenient, located just off I-95 at exit 130.
I haven't tried the Sushi bar as I'm not a big fan. But the buffet tables offer plenty of choices. There is a variety of steamed shrimp, oysters, fruit, usually a couple of types of fish -salmon and flounder - and a wide variety of Chinese, Thai and Korean dishes. Also three or more varieties of rice.
Usually when you have such a wide selection the quality and taste suffer. But somehow the folks at Teppanyaki have managed to prepare appetizing dishes. I especially have come to enjoy the Korean pork with which I was previously unfamiliar.
Also, honey chicken, sweet and sour chicken and spring and egg rolls seem to be very popular selections.
This is not a cheap takeout. Lunch will run about $10 without any soda or tea. And the quality is not up to the finest Chinese restaurants. But you get a great selection and the opportunity to try new dishes that you might not order in a regular restaurant. The servers are pleasant and bring you refills without having to ask. You walk away satisfied and feel you haven't spent a ton of money or time.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

As far as buffet food goes this is a good restaurant
Lots of choices and we loved the grill
Drinks were always refilled without having to ask and used plates taken away
Good food for the price

Reviewed June 5, 2016

I went there weeks to a month and a half after they first opened. I tried many different items on my first plate...everything luke warm to room temperature, didn't particularly care for anything. I tried a second plate with diferrent items and the same thing. I hadn't heard anything good or bad since I had been there, so I tried it again with a friend. We both agreed it wasn't good. It was the same as when I tried it the first time. I am used to Hibachii in Central Park and I consider them good.

Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

This trough has always been marginal at best. This last trip has effectively removed it from our choices. Went in at 5:15 PM (supper time). Many of the hot bar food items were cold and had been under the lights for many hours or maybe even from yesterday as it was apparent with the old potato skins. The two variations of fried rice tasted like cleaner. The white rice was ok. Raw oysters smelled bad enough that I wouldn't put them on my plate. The broccoli in the mixed dishes was tough enough you had to use a knife to cut them into edible pieces.

Reviewed March 5, 2016

We went as a family of four to this place and could not believe the number of items to choose from on the buffet. The food was what can be found at most Chinese buffets. But an incredible number of different items to choose from. Will go back.