“Tried it Based on Trip Advisor Comments”
Review of Taste of China

Taste of China
Ranked #123 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I find Chinese restaurants are some what difficult to rate. You know the service and hospitality is almost always tops. As for taste I don't find a lot of difference between most. When we go out to eat we like a place where we can hear our own conversation. This place while small offers that. The portions are unbelievable. More than enough for anyone. I suppose you can find something wrong in just about any place you go. I had the General Tso's Chicken. It was very good but I thought a little to much on the sweet side. Another had the chicken broccoli, I had a taste and the broccoli was a tad overcooked. Sweet and sour chicken was fine. The top honor between the four of us was the beef served on a hot plate. The Wonton soup was very good. For being locals it is a trip across town for us but we were shopping in the area and decided to give it a shot. For the local folks, it is just past the Medical Center heading west. You have to make a U turn to come back to it. It's located in a small strip mall on your right. I would recommend it for a try. If you don't like a lot of noise, it's a good spot. The staff and especially our waitress was very nice. Handicap access. Everything on the menu under $10.00. Remember you get what you pay for. It's a pretty good value for the buck. There is a two dollar difference in price between lunch and dinner on most items.

1  Thank SINROSSCO

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

Just stumbled across this restaurant that has been right under our nose and we have really been missing out. Your always greeted by a friendly staff. The food is always fresh. Sometimes there are specials and cupuons which make the value even better.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

My family loves to come to this restaurant! The servers are very gracious and polite. The food is always fresh and hot. They redecorated to make the dining room more comfortable and inviting and the menu has been revised. There are so many great items on the menu but my favorite is the spicy duck!
Try out either delivery or dine in. We have had both and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

I've been here twice. The first time, food was delicious, service was prompt and friendly. The next, service was quite slow. We had to request waitstaff after sitting for quite some time without more than the water provided by the hostess. Food was still quite good, and you can't beat a lunch for $4.50 that includes a main, fried rice, egg roll, and dessert. Overall, not such a bad little place.

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

We started with won ton soup which the won tons were surprisingly light and not doughy. Next were the spring rolls which were hot and crisp. We split the Hunan Delight which was tasty, it could have been a bit spicier. Will know next time to request a bit more spice. A nice portion to share. The vegetables were crisp the beef and chicken were tender, and the Shrimp nicely cooked. Bill came to under $20 and you can't beat that. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Kathleen M