“Sounds like that other place.”

Peter Chang's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Made an over night stop in Fredericksburg, Va. (I-95, Exit 130B) on July 26, 2015. We like this exit because there are a lot of hotels, restaurants, and stores. Both the wife and I felt like having a good Chinese meal and Peter Changs popped up on Tripadvisors with some very good to excellent reviews. Normally I don't let old reviews sway me so I walked in with an open mind.

The restaurant is kind of hard to find without using a GPS but we had seen it before on a previous trip to this area. It is located near The Bone Fish Grill and behind the O'Charley's restaurant.

The outside is nothing like the other Changs restaurant and is quite simple. The small lobby area had the history of Peter Chang and was quite long. We were too tired to read it all but what we read was pretty interesting.

The menu was easy to read in Chinese and English. We normally stick to the staple dishes and ordered Chicken Fried Rice and Sesame Chicken along with a bowl of Hot and Sour Soup. Everything tasted great and we were happy to not taste a lot of salt. The fried rice had egg, peas, carrots onions and chicken. My wife thought the Sesame Chicken sauce was different than what she had tasted elsewhere but she enjoyed it. My only complaint and it was a little one was the fried noddles were hard and not so fresh.

Also we were not offered any fortune cookie. Ouch!

The service was terrific.

Overall the experience was excellent.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

If you are looking for a great Chinese dinner, this is the place to go. The food was so good! I felt bad that I could not take home the leftovers. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

Good food, quick, friendly service, what else is there to say. The crispy pork belly was especially tasty! This is Szechuan style Chinese, so expect some spice.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

I have eaten at Peter Chang's numerous times and enjoy their food. As stated above, service can be spotty with periods of time between each person's order being served. I have celiac and always request gluten free. It's one of the reasons I go there. Last time during lunch a different person (Hostess?) brought out my food and placed it down so fast that I didn't have time for a question. Flagged down my waitress and asked about the gluten as this order had brown sauce. She assured me that it was correct and I took a couple of small bits assuming that maybe it was made with Tamari sauce. The waitress came back and said that she would take it to the kitchen to verify that it was the correct dish. Came back and said they were remaking it just to be sure. New order looked entirely different. Came home and was sick for a few days so obviously there was a mixup. I would suggest that in a busy kitchen, have a way to identify dishes with special requests to avoid confusion.

2  Thank foodeetraveler
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

It kills me to give a Peter Chang restaurant a 4-star. He is the king of Szechuan cooking and I have driven hours to have his food. But my first trip to this place disappointed. The fried pork belly appetizer was great with a good hit of Szechuan pepper. His pork with scallion and pancakes (riff on moo shu) was good but less creative. The seafood with bean sauce was a big disappointment and lacked flavor.

1  Thank PelleasPhiladelphia