All reviews platinum elite member free laundry small store free airport shuttle coffee maker chena hot springs front desk northern lights cupboard appliances gym walmart privacy kitchenette amenities
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Fairbanks while on e business trip in Fairbanks, AK. My room was very accommodating and comfortable and included a coffee maker. I am kind of a coffee snob and wanted to make my own coffee. The hotel has a small store inside and although my flight arrived very late, I bought some local coffee at their little store. The next morning, I realized I did not have any coffee filters but was able to improvise with one of the sample coffee packs and made a pot of coffee. When i opened my door to leave my room for the day, I found a bag of coffee filters hanging on the outside of my door. I know the front desk clerk had seen me buy coffee the night before, so she must have left them for me. I was extremely surprised and expressed my gratitude to the front desk the next day and told the hotel about their front desk girl going above and beyond what I would have ever expected a hotel like this to do. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
lloydh41, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Kelly E,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites Fairbanks and thank you for all of the kind words. I usually wrap up these responses with an invite to visit us again, but you already took care of that. Again, Thank you!

Lloyd

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel for its free shuttle and easy walking to Walmart, Fred Meyer, etc. There is city bus access from the Walmart parking lot. No good restaurant options closeby but the hotel stocks an honor system pantry.

Very impressed with the neatness of the hotel, everything is spotlessly clean and the kitchenette is stocked with dishes and full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, cooktop, etc. Limited shower amenities provided. Beds are comfortable and offer soft and firm pillows. Thermostat with air conditioning and heating.

The window backed up to the street but it's a back road and not very busy. The window is well insulated against noise. Overall a peaceful night.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
lloydh41, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear DIgitalGadget,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Candlewood Suites Fairbanks. Thank you also for your kind words and your business. It is very much appreciated.

I hope that if your travels bring you back this way again, we will have the pleasure of hosting you!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I love Candlewood Suites and this one did not disappoint, lovely welcome from the young lady on reception, great suite nice and quiet at the end of the corridor. Room was perfect in everyway and Walmart was across the street as well as restaurants close by. I will be back again soon.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Yorkie1948,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Candlewood Suites Fairbanks. Thank you also for your kind words and your business. Both are very much appreciated.

I usually end these responses with an invitation to stay with us again yif your travels bring you back this way, but you have indicated you will, so thank you again!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2018

This newish Candlewood is near the older Holiday Inn Express. Not sure which of these two IHG hotels I prefer. The Holiday Inn Express gives you the free breakfast, this one gives you free laundry and (modest) in-room cooking facilities. It kind of depends of which amenities are more useful to you. The Candlewood is 5000 points cheaper if you're using your points. I would say the Candlewood feels slightly more modern. Both now offer a free airport shuttle, and are located near each other in the sterile-but-practical mall area on the east side of town.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
lloydh41, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear Dave's Reviews,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Candlewood Suites, Fairbanks. I hope that we will become your "go to" hotel if you return to the Fairbanks Area. THank you for taking the time to write a review.

Lloyd.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

This location seems new, and is VERY accommodating. I had just arrived in Fairbanks after driving 58 hours and this was sweet success to arrive at such a beautiful hotel at the end of my trip. My dog was accepted, along with dishes within the kitchenette, free popcorn, a large fridge, meeting conference table, with separate bedroom with a wall dividing the living room and kitchen dining area. Very beautiful and quiet! everything I would hope for in a hotel stay!

Room tip: One of the BEST hotels I've ever stayed at!!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
lloydh41, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear Lindsey P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Candlewood Suites, Fairbanks and especially thank you for all of your kind words! It is very much appreciated. So glad we could accommodate you and it met your needs.

Thank you again, and if you ever back this way, I hope that we will be your lodging of choice!