All reviews front desk king suite complimentary breakfast waffles hot tub breakfast staff the breakfast area fitness center business center great place to stay rooms are clean northern lights would stay here again train station convenient location wake up call great room
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Accommodations were very good. Staff especially Bella, who is a great ambassador for hotel and Erin in the breakfast area were the best! Convenient to airport and main highways for travel to Denali, North Pole, & Artic Circle.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2017

When we checked in on our first night without reservations, we were greated by extremely friendly staff. They accomodated our room requests (had a lot of gear, needed a ground floor room), recommended a great restaurant and since we needed to leave prior to the breakfast, the staff had breakfast bags made for us to take. Awesome!!
On our return trip 8 days later, different front staff, it was obvious the girl that helped us could not care any less if we stayed there or not, curt, rude and unprofessional, we would fire her immediately.
The second stay we were able to have the breakfast and it was one of the best examples of a Hotel breakfast we've experienced. Great variety, fresh and hot, excellent!

Room Tip: all of our rooms seemed to be great.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank w2g2017
casthompson, Regional Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Alaska and then again on your return trip through Fairbanks. I appreciate your comments and we use the feedback to enhance our training and service offered to our guests.

I would like to follow up with you a little more to find out which staff member you dealt with on your return trip. It is not our intention to have staff that act like they don't care and I would like to talk to you to get some more information so I can take appropriate action with this staff person.

Please call me at 605-725-8710, or email me at caseyt@tkohotels.com with your contact info so I can follow up with you.

Thank you again!

Casey Thompson
Regional Manager

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I've stayed at the Hampton in Fairbanks before; it's a nice spot. It's a little pricey, I think, but that's probably more owing to the Fairbanks market. I loved that I was able to get a toothbrush when I realized I had forgotten mine; I also like the early start for the breakfast in the morning. The breakfast area is clean and comfortable; it's a nice spot to start your day. I had to run a very early morning errand; when I returned I had a couple of hard boiled eggs and was able to take a coffee back to my room, which was great. Staff is very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Talk about friendly staff. Our flight arrived at 2:30am and they sent the shuttle out with the friendliest driver. I had called earlier in the evening to make sure there would be someone and they said yes and if not, they would pay for a taxi. WOW.

Room was plenty large enough for one person. Shower head was so high that a 7' tall person would have fit. So a little high for me to adjust.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the front door side which actually doesn't face the main street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Centrally located with plenty of places to eat with-in a three minute drive. Large rooms, clean and comfortable bedding. Free shuttle to airport or train station. Free breakfast with many options. Front desk staff very knowledgeable about local area and a pleasure to interact with. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends