“A roadhouse, and a museum - what a combination!”
Review of Chatanika Lodge

Chatanika Lodge
Ranked #27 of 260 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American
Description: I am seeing some old reviews for this establishment, and the spelling on the old reviews is incorrect. The correct spelling is Chatanika, [not "Chatinika"]. I was wondering why nothing came up when I searched for ChatAnika, and then I realized why. I would like to post a positive review for the restaurant and the owners, but I think it would be helpful to have the correct spelling entered first so people who are searching for it can find it. Thank you.
Reviewed September 22, 2016

For the tourist, this roadhouse/motel/museum offers a wonderful opportunity to view a great collection of Alaskan artifacts and paraphernalia - animal skins, stuffed animals, ALL sorts of memorabilia and collectables with literally hundreds, maybe thousands of $1 notes adorn the walls and ceilings - AND have a good meal. A great place to visit and eat! Generous servings of tasty food.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

We took the drive to eat afternoon late lunch. It was awesome. It is a local spot with lots of items attached to the walls and ceiling. The is a older big screen tv to watch. The have pinball, pool table and even a T-bird parked inside. Thus the sign outside for T-bird parking only. Very diverse menu. The cheese burger and fries are excellent and they provide gracious servings. If you are wondering if it is worth the drive..... The answer is, YES.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

enjoyed all our meals there. It was so good we went back twice. Portions are very generous and the service is nice. It is a cute place with all kinds of items on the walls and even a old antique car in a back room. If you are not a big eater, you could split a meal. Had some fried fish entrees and of course burgers. All served with a lot of fries.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Came out on Sunday to try the fried chicken. Starts at 1 and continues till it's sold out. Very popular Sunday afternoon lunch. The food was really good. I'll definitely come back for fried chicken or to try other menu items. Ron and Shirley are great owners and hosts. Very personable as well as their little Maltese dog that hangs out in the lodge. It's true alaskan. The inside has tons of dollar bills on the ceiling. And very clean. We really enjoyed it. And the drive out is nice.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

We drove out in the area to tour the Poker Flat Research Range. So we stopped here for lunch. This is a really neat place. The food is fabulous, everyone was really friendly. The Dredge Burger is Awesome as is the Fish & Chips. Make sure you look around the inside for all the unique trappings.