“The authentic real Alaska”
Review of Chatanika Lodge

Chatanika Lodge
Ranked #32 of 259 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American
Description: I am seeing some old reviews for this establishment, and the spelling on the old reviews is incorrect. The correct spelling is Chatanika, [not "Chatinika"]. I was wondering why nothing came up when I searched for ChatAnika, and then I realized why. I would like to post a positive review for the restaurant and the owners, but I think it would be helpful to have the correct spelling entered first so people who are searching for it can find it. Thank you.
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Recommend you go for the Spring Outhouse Races.
A great way to make it through the end of a long winter.
This is real family fun. The food is always good when it is minus 20 in the springtime.
A lot of fun to be has here. Do not miss this event.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Got the Sunday fried chicken dinner. Chicken was dry and chewy. Mashed potatoes were powdered. The corn fritters were pretty darn good. That's why the 3 stars vs. 2. The other reason is the atmosphere is pretty nice. Back woods feel with live entertainment. I'm not sure I'd eat here again, at least not the fried chicken. I will say their portions are pretty large.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

For the tourist, this roadhouse/motel/museum offers a wonderful opportunity to view a great collection of Alaskan artifacts and paraphernalia - animal skins, stuffed animals, ALL sorts of memorabilia and collectables with literally hundreds, maybe thousands of $1 notes adorn the walls and ceilings - AND have a good meal. A great place to visit and eat! Generous servings of tasty food.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

We took the drive to eat afternoon late lunch. It was awesome. It is a local spot with lots of items attached to the walls and ceiling. The is a older big screen tv to watch. The have pinball, pool table and even a T-bird parked inside. Thus the sign outside for T-bird parking only. Very diverse menu. The cheese burger and fries are excellent and they provide gracious servings. If you are wondering if it is worth the drive..... The answer is, YES.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

enjoyed all our meals there. It was so good we went back twice. Portions are very generous and the service is nice. It is a cute place with all kinds of items on the walls and even a old antique car in a back room. If you are not a big eater, you could split a meal. Had some fried fish entrees and of course burgers. All served with a lot of fries.