“Good to be back.”
Review of Chatanika Lodge

Chatanika Lodge
Ranked #27 of 260 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Cuisines: American
Description: I am seeing some old reviews for this establishment, and the spelling on the old reviews is incorrect. The correct spelling is Chatanika, [not "Chatinika"]. I was wondering why nothing came up when I searched for ChatAnika, and then I realized why. I would like to post a positive review for the restaurant and the owners, but I think it would be helpful to have the correct spelling entered first so people who are searching for it can find it. Thank you.
Reviewed March 18, 2017

It took three years but I finally made it back to Fairbanks for my fifth visit. One place I wanted to be sure to visit again was Chatanika Lodge Restaurant. I stopped in twice during my stay; the first time Russell fixed a delicious fish'n'chip meal and the second time one of the owners, Shirley, fixed me really good bacon/cheddar cheeseburger.

In addition to the meals I like the Alaska memorabilia, the decorative winter lights and the general feeling of authenticity about the place.

It was nice chatting with the owners while having lunch at the counter and just meandering around the restaurant enjoying the atmosphere.

It is a scenic route up the Steese Highway, over Cleary Summit (mile marker 20.9) and then about 8 miles down to mile marker 28.5 to get there; a lovely drive on a clear March day. I've made sure to stop in on each trip, and I will do so again whenever I get back to Fairbanks.

Reviewed November 28, 2016

Recommend you go for the Spring Outhouse Races.
A great way to make it through the end of a long winter.
This is real family fun. The food is always good when it is minus 20 in the springtime.
A lot of fun to be has here. Do not miss this event.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Got the Sunday fried chicken dinner. Chicken was dry and chewy. Mashed potatoes were powdered. The corn fritters were pretty darn good. That's why the 3 stars vs. 2. The other reason is the atmosphere is pretty nice. Back woods feel with live entertainment. I'm not sure I'd eat here again, at least not the fried chicken. I will say their portions are pretty large.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

For the tourist, this roadhouse/motel/museum offers a wonderful opportunity to view a great collection of Alaskan artifacts and paraphernalia - animal skins, stuffed animals, ALL sorts of memorabilia and collectables with literally hundreds, maybe thousands of $1 notes adorn the walls and ceilings - AND have a good meal. A great place to visit and eat! Generous servings of tasty food.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

We took the drive to eat afternoon late lunch. It was awesome. It is a local spot with lots of items attached to the walls and ceiling. The is a older big screen tv to watch. The have pinball, pool table and even a T-bird parked inside. Thus the sign outside for T-bird parking only. Very diverse menu. The cheese burger and fries are excellent and they provide gracious servings. If you are wondering if it is worth the drive..... The answer is, YES.