All reviews full kitchen separate bedroom taco bell vanity area comfortable suite carl's jr celebrity cruise within walking distance pre cruise land tour small apartment fred myers fred meyer store hotel restaurant flat screen tv royal caribbean cruise beautiful flowers an extended stay
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here prior to leaving on our Alaska land/cruise trip. Our trip really started from the Westerdam hotel, but it was booked so we stayed here and we were glad.

We arrived around midnight and the hotel still had someone that could lick us up from the airport and shuttle us to the hotel. Our room was very comfortable. Beds were great.

The hotel had an on-site restaurant which we enjoyed the next night. I enjoyed the Miso seafood dish served with coconut rice along with a glass of Sauvignon blanc. My husband had the fish and chips. Excellent service.

I could not get over how pretty the flowers were considering the time of year.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Lauren C, Social Media Manager at Sophie Station Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It's great to hear you liked our restaurant and service was to your liking.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

During a recent family trip, we were fortunate to find Sophie Station. The suites are spacious and clean. The kitchen was set up very well! The staff was very helpful. It was nice to have the restaurant, Zach's located within, where we enjoyed several meals. We considered our stay an excellent value.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor for less foot noise from above
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

So lovely to hear that you enjoyed you stay! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Rooms were very big and spacious. big kitchen living room and a separate bedroo, almost like a small apartment. The beds were comfy. Breakfast was very good lots of choices. Beautiful place outside pretty flowers.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We truly appreciate it!

Reviewed September 16, 2018

This building was built as apartments for the pipeline workers and their families. When finished it was reconfigured as a hotel. Therefore the rooms are huge most have a full kitchen and seperate bedroom. The restaurant and bar are first class

Stayed: August 2018

Thanks, Noel! It's great to hear that you loved the restaurant and bar as well as the accommodations.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I had driven by this place any number of times on previous visits to Fairbanks. I was never quite sure what the place was. Alaska has a certain level of quirkiness about it that you come to expect and at times have to tolerate. I had to book on short notice and the usual property I stay at was unavailable so I stayed a Sophie’s Station. I don’t know who Sophie was but the reviews were positive.
I checked into my room in the late afternoon not feeling well. Getting sick on the road is never fun. I just want to be left alone. Upon getting into my room I found there was no secondary lock. The deadbolt that makes the keycard locks not work if you don’t want them to. Add to that surprise the small laminated card (see photo) stating that they have the right to enter your room at will and if you hang the “do not disturb” sign they will come into your room after the second day. Since I was leaving the morning of my third day, second night, I thought I was fine. I put the “privacy please” sign on the door and I crawled into bed hoping to sleep well into the morning. Well, I was woken up out of a deep sleep by someone knocking on the door at 7:40 AM. Still being foggy upstairs I I strained to hear something over the AC. Was I hallucinating? Then I heard what sounded like the front door opening and a muffled voice. I laid there quietly wondering what to do. Then came a knock on the bedroom door. I was feeling a bit violated at this point. Checking out crossed my mind then and there. I shouted that I was sick and didn’t appreciate being woken up.

There is no second lock on the door. If staff wants to come in they can and will. Apparently their 2 day privacy policy was shaved down to 12 hours.
What if the bedroom door was open? I sleep nude. What if I was having sex in the morning with my wife. What if you were a single woman staying there and a male employee just walked in?
I tend to throw the do not disturb sign on my hotel door and leave it. I have enough towels for my stay and don’t want to have to put everything away. I have medications that shouldn’t fall into others possession. I have possessions I don’t want walking away.
For me, privacy is privacy.
This property looks like it was built in the 70s to cater to the large pipeline workforce. It still looks like it is in the 70s. It does appear to be well maintained but possess some quirkiness that might not be acceptable to some. There are a lot of varying floor heights that might pose a tripping hazard to older people. I’m not that old, but found I kept on stumbling on a transition between a carpeted area and hardwood floor which the later was about an inch higher. There was a beveled transition strip, but it caught me off guard multiple times. The bathtub/shower lacks any hand holds.
Small stuff in the big picture.
I keep on coming back to the privacy issue when thinking about whether I would stay here again. I would probably only stay if there were no other options

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business