“Worse Place EVER”
Review of Chandalar Ranch

Chandalar Ranch
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The owners were NOT friendly at all, they care only about money and their own house. They asked us to clean the living area at 2AM! Ridiculous!!!
If there is no aurora, staying there will be a waste of time and money. The room is not comfortable at all! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

All reviews
"camera"
in 4 reviews
"alaska"

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We were staying nearby and had just arrived that afternoon so we contacted Chandalar Ranch last minute to see if we could watch the Aurora from there. It was $30 per person for driving yourself and super easy to get to with an AWD rental vehicle. It was nice to have an upstairs and downstairs warm area to go to. It was really cold outside. It wasn't crowded when we were there on a Thursday night. We had the entire downstairs mostly to ourselves. The Aurora came out and we were able to get some shots. I didn't like the red light across the way on the mountainside in my pictures, but I was learning what to do with my camera, so I probably could have avoided that. Someone said there was a person there who could help with my camera and I should have reached out to them, but I was seeing the Aurora for the first time, so it was all good. The people were friendly, warm drinks, nice indoor bathrooms, but mostly, I appreciated a warm place to get out of the bitter cold once and awhile.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The owner is the most unfriendly host I ever met in my life. By looking at the polarized score on Google Map, you will understand how worst this place is. There are too many places to see aurora but NEVER go there.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Threatened to be “careful” on his private property even before I could say anything. I was hoping for a good experience based on the review but that was not what I expected. $30 is way over priced for a seat and the host is very aggressive and unfriendly. Definitely NOT RECOMMEND.