Free cancellation until 28/07
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$109
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$189
US$240
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$225
Priceline
US$119
Alaska Heritage House(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$155
Orbitz.com
US$154
US$149
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Just a short note to say how much I enjoyed staying with Kathy at the Moose. From start to finish Kathy went out of her way to make sure my stay was great. She was extremely friendly and welcoming. The B&B is located in an amazing area. If you want peace and quiet then this is the place.

Tremendous breakfasts, clean rooms, lovely garden.

When I return to Fairbanks I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JustinBennett
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed at A Moose in the Garden in September to get a little weekend away from everything. I actually live in Fairbanks (in town) and wanted to take my girlfriend somewhere special to have a relaxing weekend. This place shows that you really don't have to drive very far to get into the countryside and find a quaint place to stay. It was getting chilly around that time, but still warm enough that you could go out for hikes and whatnot. Beautiful scenery abounds in the area and the view of the mountains from the back deck is fabulous on a clear day. Even with all of this and the cozy fireplace, the best part is the breakfast each morning. We stayed for two nights, and although the breakfast items varied widely each day, everything was nothing short of delicious. If you have the opportunity, you really should take a weekend and just relax at this place. There's nowhere better.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StarkMC
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at 'A Moose in the Garden B&B' and immensely enjoyed my stay. Kathy is a very easy going and exuberant hostess and I felt at home from the moment I stepped inside her place. I was in the upstairs room and it had a wonderful jacuzzi. The room is also ideal for Aurora viewing; if one is lucky enough s/he can view it directly from his/her bed. The living room and the kitchen is also spacious, well decorated and immaculately maintained. The late evening chats with Kathy while drinking tea w/apple cider were truly enjoyable. Kathy also cooked a hearty breakfast on one of the days I went for an overnight dog mushing trip.

Thank you Kathy for being such a wonderful hostess! I look forward to staying at your B&B during my future trip/s to the Fairbanks area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank PrasunChoudhury
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our reservation because of weather/road conditions. But what I want others to know who are considering a B & B, Kathy (host) was so helpful when we were making plans for our trip. We talked via phone a couple of times. I told her we were concerned about being out of town in the winter and having a rental car we would not be familiar with. She was gracious to hold our reservation but also to allow us to cancel when conditions looked less than favorable. Once we got to Fairbanks, we did drive out to the B & B - well not quite to it as our car wasn't the best on the snowpacked roads - and we were so bummed that we didn't get to stay there. The area was so pretty & would have been so much better than staying in town. Once we got back home, I emailed Kathy to tell her we had tried to drive out. It wasn't long before I got a phone call from her! It's so obvious that she loves having people stay there & sharing her love for the area. She went out of her way to help make our vacation there what she thought we wanted. Bottom line - when we go back to Fairbanks, we will stay at 'A Moose in the Garden B & B' as we feel like Kathy is already our friend!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We found A Moose In The Garden B&B to be very clean, comfortable, and home-like. Unlike a lot of the other B&B's we stayed at during our Alaska tour, this one has more of a feel like you're staying with a friend, rather than being confined to just one section of the house and only invited up at a set time for breakfast.

The host was very nice, and treated us like we were long-lost friends, rather than boarders. She cooked a fine, made-to-order breakfast for us AND her, and we all sat at the table and ate together while chatting about life in Fairbanks.

The view from the porch is stunning - on a clear day you can see forever (including Mount Denali). The room we stayed in was a little on the small side, but the bed was supremely clean and comfortable. The house is located in a very quiet neighborhood, making for a good night's sleep.

Highly recommended.