A Moose in the Garden
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$129
US$116
US$139
Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
US$88
US$79
Wedgewood Resort(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$95
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
US$107
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$99
Sophie Station Suites(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$95
Sophie Station
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnorthern lightsbed and breakfasttwo nightskathylogsalaskaaurorastove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had such a great stay with Kathy. The food was fantastic and like some other raters mentioned, Kathy is completely flexible with the breakfast time. She and her daughter cooked unique breakfast items. We even got to try a homemade concoction that was wonderful. Kathy and her daughter were also accommodating with gluten free breakfasts for my husband which he found delicious as well. Kathy is a great host and we felt completely welcome in her home. The location is gorgeous and I wouldn't change anything about it. We were far enough out of the heart of Fairbanks that it was serene. In fact, we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of Mt. McKinley one evening. This B&B was affordable, clean, & delicious. Our party of 8 took up all the rooms in the B&B. My brother & his family shared the loft which even had room for the kids. My husband and I shared the lower level with my parents. We had to share a bathroom which proved challenging a couple times since my husband has celiac disease and IBS, but we made it work and had a great time. The beds were exceptionally comfortable and we had plenty of room. Kathy's great with children and we thoroughly enjoyed talking to her and her daughter.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I am my nine-year-old son stayed at Kathy's place for eight nights. Pros: Kathy is an excellent host. The breakfast times were very flexible and that suited us, since we traveled to Denali (Glitter Gulch) several times during our week-long stay in Fairbanks. On many occasions my son was too tired to wake up during the regular breakfast times and Kathy was very helpful in scheduling the breakfasts at later times during the day. She even taught my son new multiplication tricks! Cons: The room we had (downstairs from the dining area) had common bathroom with another similar room. We will definitely go back and, for a longer trip, we will stay at the room upstairs.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Raja R
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We felt so comfortable here that it was really hard to leave. We spent lots of time talking with other guests and the owner (some in the wee hours of the night). Her home is spectacular and the breakfasts unlike any other in our trip through Alaska. Wonderful B&B!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Our loft, and the house in general, was amazing. I think the pictures will stand for themselves on this point. The one complaint that people are likely to have is that there is a relative lack of privacy. The loft is open to the main living area of the home, separated from direct view by a draped blanket. Also, the bathroom has a curtain rather than a door. However, the host encourages guests to "make yourself at home", so I used a different bathroom sometimes and it didn't feel awkward. The bed was first-rate, and the breakfast was fabulous. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erik N
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Moose in the Garden late summer of 2011. The room was clean but I did not like having the tub in the bedroom and not in an enclosed bathroom. There is also just a blanket that closes off part of the Loft Room from the guest downstairs so it is not very private. Breakfast each morning was nice and we loved talking with the other guest in the house. At time of booking we had thought of booking one of Kathys other rooms, so glad we did not as they share a bath. I do not think we would go back to this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011