“Friendly Host, Great Accomodations, and Aurora Views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairbanks
A Moose in the Garden
Ranked #9 of 41 Fairbanks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Kathy is a friendly, warm, and wonderful host. The property is beautiful, clean, with gorgeous views extending to Denali from the back porch. Sunday breakfast was perfectly poached eggs over asparagus on garlic toast with hollandaise and a side of bacon with delicious coffee and OJ. We lucked out with the Aurora in full effect on our first night, and we shivered to watch it while the indoor fire kept the home toasty for when we ducked back in.

Stayed: October 2015

Reviewed 28 September 2015

We enjoyed our first trip so much that we just had to return. (See my previous review, February 2015) We stayed for two nights at the end of August. Our first morning was rainy and it felt like autumn was fast approaching. We had a leisurely morning with coffee and just being lazy because it was so comfortable and relaxing just to be there. We watched the clouds make beautiful patterns and Denali almost but not quite come into view. Everything in my previous review was even better this time, and we enjoyed it without snow and ice. We highly recommend A Moose in the Garden. It doesn't get any better than this.

Room Tip: The Northern Lights Room is spectacularly
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Kathy A, Owner at A Moose in the Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

I love it when guests return at a different season of year for another completely different experience in Fairbanks, Alaska. There is no higher praise for me than to see people return to my B&B. I am continuing to improve my property and just recently purchased the land and cabin across the road. The big excitement for me there is to have a huge garden space that moose can not step over the fence and get in and eat my plants. I had a banner harvest of potatoes, green beans, and cabbage! I hope to have a new cabin rental in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

One of the most authentic experiences we've had here in AK. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for peace and quiet in beautiful and serene surroundings. Breakfast was simply excellent too! I'm so glad we stayed here and will certainly return.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2015

The only reason I did not rate this B&B excellent was that this was our 4th B&B of the trip and the other 3 were off the scale. We would stay at Moose in the Garden again in a heartbeat. By any measure the stay was comfortable and the hospitality engaging. We had the 2 downstairs rooms and shared a big bathroom and sitting room. Location is about 20 minutes out of downtown but setting is lovely and the drive scenic.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fsdukejr
Reviewed 8 April 2015 via mobile

If making a trip to Fairbanks, this beautifully appointed B&B should top the list. The owner treats the guests like rock stars with an amazing blend of hospitality & culinary expertise. The view is amazing and serves as a relaxing retreat.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank GoodMigrationsStudio
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Gorgeous place and view. Super kind and friendly owner, comfy bed. Lots of extra neat reasons to stay here- the reception, the breakfast (oh that syrup!), chance to see the lights (when we were there we saw a small show of lights, no colors but a hint of action!), it's quiet, and we even got to play billiards before we left! Great overnight stay. oh- check out the eagle sculpture while there. Pretty col!

Room Tip: we slept upstairs and found it private enough...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2015

Best time ever! Kathy has an intuitive sense about her guests' needs and personalities and provides such good care of them. She had lots of good advice about things to do and see in Fairbanks and environs. The aurora was spectacular, right out the front door of A Moose in the Garden. On top of that, her home is wonderful-beautifully and comfortably furnished with interesting touches waiting to be discovered, AND with a view of Denali. It is cozy and clean. And breakfast-yummy! Book early-I wasn't able to stay quite as long as I wanted, despite planning months in advance (all other guests said the same thing). Thanks Kathy!

Room Tip: They are all terrific-depends on what you prefer.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo