“Dim Sum Dining Experiences”
Review of Pacificana

Pacificana
Ranked #456 of 5,607 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Located on second floor (handicap accessible) with windows facing 8th as well as 55th Street this behemoth keeps up with the other three massive sprawling ground floor dim sum restaurants in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.

The food is great. The menu is pretty much the same among all the major dim sum houses with slight variations, and degrees of which may be better.

One thing I did like about my experience is when I asked for white tea they always toss a handful of chrysanthemum flowers into it.. and I keep forgetting to tell them not to.

An example of differences among the houses is this one doesn't add little bits of ginger to their beef noodle, which I enjoy without the little chunks.

As every one of the houses your wait could be very long if you arrive between 11:00am and 1:00pm.

There is a pay garage underneath, as well as scarce street parking.

There is an elevator to get upstairs.

This restaurant used to be on two floors but much smaller blueprint. It is full owned so the sons and mom you'll see there and you know they keep things moving and usually friendly if you meet them as this business is their livelihood.

As all the houses they also serve dinner which does pretty well prices are competitive.

If you enjoy dim sum you really need to explore and see which house you prefer the food best, because they mostly serve the same stuff (including dinner), and which service you prefer.

Once the staff gets to know you over a few interactions you are greeted and treated better.. not that they won't the first time, but with Chinese the relationship is built on the proverbial three cups of tea.

Non Appetite!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Have been to Pacificana 3 times, taken there by some people I work with, who were born and raised in China. Food was incredibly good, unique menu options, noisy but fun place for groups of three or more. Clean and tastefully decorated, good service, even if you don't speak Chinese you will get what you ordered as the wait staff does the best they can for Americans. I loved my meals there and prefer it to NYC Chinatown restaurants. To me, the prices were a bargain for what you get, highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We were meeting friends of ours from Long Island and we were staying in Staten Island. we decided to meet here, we have never tried it so we did not know what to expect. first of all there is parking attached to the restaurant.. great since this is a crowded area. we were greeted and shown to our table. we then started chatting with the staff and found they were quite friendly, the Manager Jimmy Ching came by and we spent time with him as well. we decided on a few different dished to share. Pan Fried Seafood Noodles, Moo shoo pork, Gen. chows chicken and Peppersteak.. a great variety, so much food and all tasting simply delicious. Mr. Ching brought to our table a plate of fruit that was mouthwatering... I would recommend Pacificana.

2  Thank bestbites26
Reviewed 19 March 2015

Overrated dimsum in Brooklyn's Chinatown. There are way better options like East Harbor on 65th street. Pass over this restaurant if you want more than mediocre food. The interior is quite nice however, but that doesn't make up for bland cuisine.

Reviewed 1 March 2015

We celebrated "The Year of The Goat" last night with a large party in a festive Chinese Restaurant, we had three tables for family and close friends. The food was excellent, perfectly cooked and flavored and the service was impeccable, nobody rushed us, we dined for several hours, everyone was pleased from very young to 106 years old. My Chinese daughter-in-law said it was by far her favorite Chinese Restaurant in New York/Brooklyn. I have to agree, even though I have always favored the Peking Duck House in Chinatown.