1,025 results
All reviewssmith streetchalkboard wallurban suiteboerum hilldowntown brooklynnew yorkbagelscontinental breakfastatlantic aveparking garagestreet noiselobby bargreat areafront desk staffcarroll gardensrestaurants and shopsfew blocks
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Located near shopping and amazing neighborhood restaurants. Rooms are beautiful and unique but above all is the Excellent Staff!!!
We had a small inconvenience and the staff was always pending to solve. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Gary D, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thanks "filomena203"!
I'm really pleased to learn that you enjoyed our neighborhood, our staff and our rooms. We stand ready to help you enjoy yourselves and assist with any needs you have in Brooklyn or at our property. We're very thankful for your 5 star review and recommendation. I hope that you will return to NU again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Stayed for two nights on frigid weekend while visiting family. Room was warm and had all I needed -- comfortable bed, plenty of drawer space, bathrobes, yoga mat, k-cup coffeemaker. Nice continental breakfast. Must mention the very accommodating staff: not only were they attentive while I was there, but because of the big storm, my flights and arrival dates kept changing, and as long as I provided the canceled flight number, I wasn't charged for that night. I have stayed at several Brooklyn airbnbs, with mixed experience, and this hotel was far superior and actually less expensive, even including the cost of a taxi/Uber to family.

Room Tip: I asked for high floor, away from elevator, and on quiet side -- and heard no noise.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Thanks for the 5 star review "gueensgrlStl"!
It give's us great pleasure to know that we were able to provide the warmth and comfort you required while visiting your family. Our team tries it's best to stay engaged with our guests and accommodate their needs. Storms can be very challenging and debilitating.
It's nice to hear that you found us to be a value (incl. transportation) as compared to the other experiences you've had in Brooklyn.
I hope you will plan to stay only at NU in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

It was our first stay at the NU and I was very impressed despite the mixed reviews. I loved the ambiance of the lobby/bar: very cozy and intimate. I wish they had more choices of sweet white wines and food choices but never the less- the food served was very good. The room was amazing: away from the noise from Atlantic Ave and just the perfect warmth. It had a distinctive scent when I walked in that I fell in love with ( wish I knew what it was). The only compliant I have with the room is if ur really tall or u have knee issues, the bed will eventually catch up to u because its too low making it hard to get up. But nevertheless, its very cozy and unique design in the room and cute with the chalkboard in the bathroom.
We loved the breakfast and even though we wanted more choices it was still good. And the greatest plus: a punching bag in the gym to work out.
All in all: we had a great night and we would come back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you "essence1517"!
The scent that you detected is the signature scent of our "independent collection" hotels. You can enjoy the scent in each of our properties. It's great to know that you experienced the food in our bar/lounge, enjoyed our breakfast, our fitness room. Our platform beds can be a little challenging for some guest. I apologize for that. Please contact me personally when you return. We may be able to provide a way to raise the mattress for your convenience.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here while visiting our kids nearby. This is the kind of hotel we love. Small enough for excellent personal service, all the necessary amenities and a great location at a reasonable price .

The hotel is decorated in a Brooklyn hipster style and we found it charming and very comfortable. We had a king room that was generous size by NYC standards.

We especially appreciated the front desk staff which responded quickly to our requests. I also appreciated being pleasantly greeted on the way in and out. A nice continental breakfast is included and the lobby turns into a bar with a light menu at night.

We will return !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank merylsimon
Gary D, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Thank you Meryl!
We really appreciate your 5 star review of NU Hotel. We're very pleased to hear that you found us to be a "perfect fit". We're very proud of our room size and design. Its also nice to hear that you found our team to be friendly, enjoyed breakfast, the lobby bar and our amenities.
We'll look forward to your return

Reviewed December 21, 2017

We stayed here for a wedding in September, so yes prime high season. It was $400+ for one night, the room wasn't really that nice and the bathroom needed to be redone - didn't look like the photos on the website really. The staff was really nice. I really only booked the hotel because it was close to where the wedding was and the other hotels that were 4+ stars were $500 and up.. so choices were limited. I wouldn't recommend it if you have other options but it's not a bad spot if you can get it for cheaper then $200 a night..

Room Tip: maybe ask for an updated room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sending in your review Kellie.
In downtown brooklyn, NU Hotel has attained a premier status over the years, due to our location, the size of our rooms, the size of our guestrooms, ease of transportation to all parts of the city, our complimentary breakfast, our fitness room, our cleanliness and our attentive service. I'm sorry that you were unable to enjoy all of the above during your stay. Our loft like rooms are not everyone's cup of tea, but I can assure readers that the photos on our website were taken in our guest rooms and our guest rooms are clean comfortable and well maintained. There are times of year, like now in January and February and Sundays, where you can expect to find rooms in Brooklyn for less than $200 per night.