“Margaritas and Mole”
Review of Fonda Restaurant

Fonda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fonda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 6,643 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 14th and 15th streets
Transit: F or G trains to 7th Ave. Brooklyn
Reviewed February 24, 2018

Lovely place in the heart of Park Slope - classic Mexican dishes with a twist. Excellent Guac. Wonderful selection of margaritas. Great mole sauce - best I've tasted. Sweet and patient waitress. Make a reservation or you'll be hovering in the entrance over patrons trying to enjoy their meal. High noise level.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

I am a a customer who stop by from time to time for a happy hour margaritas.
On few occasions I went there with my Spanish friends but lately I went for a drink on my own. Lates drin I had with my friends and before the happy hour ended I ordered a 2 drink as my friend was just out side the door. The asistent menager come and said that I should not order a drink for my friend as she was not there, but she just walked I . The menager looked stupid. Not thinking much of the incident we just had diner and left.
I felt not to well about the menager and today was just the last straw. I come in sat at the bar, took 2 stools while waiting for my friend. Someone waived at me and I went to see of my 2 friends eating dinner so to say hello. When I returned to my seat the assistant menager said, when is your friend coming, you took two seats, before I answered, my friend, just entered the door. So I said she is just coming. He look stupid.
At this point I just felt, this asistent menager is not suitable for a Park slope neighborhood, he is arrogant without a reason. we are trying to make this place of Park Slope happy and friendly, this guy is a miserable, arrogant person for no reason.
I will try to make everyone aware of his unfriendly aproch towards regular castumer.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

Great Mexican food - pancakes with bananas were exceptional, my soft taco was terrific! Good service as well.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Fantastic little mexican place in the heart of Park Slope. The guacamole is a must to start and then both the Enchiladas and the Taquitos are delicious. Perfect place to take a date or family / friends as dishes are very shareable. Also offer a fantastic drinks selection, would highly recommend the range of margarita's. Dinner for two with drinks likely to cost between $80 - $100.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

Enjoyed the Carnitas Fonda (Cast iron skillet braised pork shoulder,salsa verde, pickled poblano peppers, charro beans and tortillas to build your own tacos) and Key Lime Pie. Small intimate and cozy restaurant . Their margaritas are good as well.