1,300 results
All reviews the club lounge new york fulton mall starbucks coffee self park duffield street statue of liberty jay st front desk staff two blocks subway station barclays center rooftop bar bagels lobby nyc neighborhood
Reviewed July 27, 2016

I WAS OUTRIGHT SCAMMED.
On July 15th 2016, I booked a room through the Sheraton website for a one night stay at this hotel. The room was for a FLEXIBLE RATE, NOT A PREPAID RATE, and was booked TWO DAYS BEFORE I was to check in. I've the email to PROVE IT. Due to a computer glitch on Sheraton's end, the room was cancelled. I get to the hotel only to be told that my room had been cancelled and find out that they still took my money, which would've made sense if it'd been a prepaid room or/and if i'd cancelled 24 hours before check-in according to their policy.
I try to dispute it with front desk, the girl looks at me meanly and tells me to call corporate. I call corporate to dispute, telling them that the room was booked BEFORE the forfeiture policy could become active, they tell me that it wasn't. After literally begging the rep SEVERAL TIMES to check again, the rep ADMITS that, indeed, I was right and that they shouldn't have taken my money. You see this, folks?

To forfeit your money without penalty, you have to cancel 24 HOURS BEFORE CHECK-IN. The room was cancelled by Sheraton's computers the SAME DAY AT THE SAME HOUR (TWO DAYS/48 HOURS BEFORE THE CHECK IN DATE) AND BEFORE FORFEITURE, and yet, THEY STILL TOOK MY MONEY the NEXT DAY. HOW SWAY!?!

She proceeds to tell me that the company stands by its decision.
I tell them that they owe me a room since they messed up. The CS rep woman refuses! I explain that Sheraton messed up my reservation and charged me anyway and that I'm indeed entitled to a room. She says nope! Because of my situation, I ended up having to book another room and then the hotel tries to SCAM ME AGAIN by trying to STEAL the 150 incidental from my account without cause! I call my bank and the CS rep tells me that indeed the hotel tried to take that money and that the bank stopped them.

The day I'm to check out, I call front desk to point this out. A front desk rep named ILLIA JACQUEZ tells me to meet with the MANGER named KAREN WILLIAMS. I come down and Karen's nowhere to be found, of course. ILLIA deals with it, telling me that the hotel will give me a free night and that in 3-5 days it will show on my SPG account.
TEN DAYS LATER, NO FREE NIGHT ON MY ACCOUNT! I can't even get ILLIA on the phone, either she's not there or people who work there tell me that they don't know her and tell me to try tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...

I've read on this and other travel sites that the same thing happened to other travelers as far as 2011. Just a mess.

Ten days later, I'm here, with NO FREE ROOM and less cash in my account.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BeDrinkable
Jessica S, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2016

HI BeDrinkable, we truly apologize for the issue you had at check in and are currently still experiencing. Our cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to arrival if a flexible rate is booked. I am sorry if this policy was not clear. We would like to speak to you directly to rectify this situation as soon as possible. Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

After staying in Manhattan we decided to stay in Brooklyn. The location is pretty good, just beside a shopping street, close to several metro stations, in an area which seemed safe. There is a lot of building happening in Brooklyn. Despite a large building site right opposite the hotel we didn't hear any noise.

The hotel is ok. I guess we are spoiled by Australian and Asian five star hotels and that quality doesn't translate over to the US. Service was good and staff was very friendly and helpful.

I would say that the hotel is over priced but than most US hotels seem to be for what you get.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Axel S
Jessica S, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2016

Hi Axel S, thank you for staying with us and for highlighting our great location. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Havings stayed multiple types, the rooms are clean and the shower in the bathroom has been consistently great.
Checkins can be slow and acknowledgement of status is not consistent, so a gentle prod on asking for benefits does not hurt if they have not acknowledged it. Especially, when checking in late and the only room available at first blush is one laid out for accessibility.

There are some rough edges though - the layout of the elevators can be a bit confusing and the corridors are not air conditioned. The latter can be a wake up on a humid summer afternoon, though safe to say that it is only temporary.

Location is near quite a bit of construction though noise has not been an issue during my stays - perhaps in 2017 the neighborhood would be more gentrified than it is now. Having said that, the area is pretty safe and the location is convenient walk to multiple MTA lines for those heading into the city.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better wifi (though that may be a function of the occupancy)
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Nauman N

Hi Nauman N, thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team to ensure consistency throughout. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

The check in was a little slow but i was very satisfied with my room and location, 10 minutes to NYC and close to downtown Brooklyn Shopping. The room smaller than other Sheraton's but that's to be expected in New York. Parking was available for a small fortune but I was able to find parking around the corner on the street for free since it was the weekend. Overall i would stay here again.

Room Tip: always choose thr highest floors for a better view of the city
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony & Alena M

HI Anthony and Alena M, thank you for staying with us and your review. We are happy to hear you were very satisfied with your stay. We promise to continue to work hard to keep your loyalty.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

We arrived early but the check-in friendly staff was able to get us to our room a couple hours before the official check-in time; that was nice since we had flown a red-eye to get to the Big Apple. We were put on the 19th floor and the room was surprising bigger than a nearby hotel we had stayed at previously.

We stayed three nights, bed was great, pillows good too, and the shower (bathroom) had everything we wanted.

What really stood out for us was the welcoming front desk, door man, and bell boy staff. While we didn't need them for anything other than check-in/out they were always friendly when we passed through the lobby.

The wifi was fast and free; pity I had to log back in, it seemed, every 24 hours.

Overall, no real complaints, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DParris

Hi DParris, we are so happy to hear your enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to make sure our guests feel the love from the minute they walk in. We will make sure to share this with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.