1,209 results
All reviews rooftop bar bedford ave l train new york the entire staff special thanks restaurants and bars manhattan skyline boutique hotel small room few blocks martin williamsburg oleander hip staycation neighborhood
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Fabulous. My boyfriend and I were in BK visiting my brother for the week. I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn Downtown BK (nice but this place is a zillion times better). I wish I'd booked our entire stay here. It's pretty amazing. Cute rooms, big pool, awesome rooftop bar / views / DJs (albeit str8beat techno at the time, whatever) keep you in high spirits. It is in the middle of Bedford, where there are tons of shops and delicious fattening food. FUN. What puts this place over the top is the service. All staff were courteous, helpful and genuinely concerned with how well we enjoying our stay. And enjoy we did! Martin helped us from day 1 and looked after us for our entire booking. He asked after us every time our paths crossed; I can't say enough about how particular the folks are for excellent service here. It really makes a huge difference, like 5 star service without the snotty. Come and enjoy! We will be coming back and booking our entire stay at the McCarron from now on! Thanks Martin & McCarron staff!

1  Thank brapt
James M, Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We are thrilled to share with the team your experience with us as we look to provide our guests the best in service. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Hotel was clean with friendly staff nand a great look. Location is GREAT, near restaurants, bars, park and the waterfront. Very comfortable beds, room was small but well appointed. Very hip crowd at the pool. Downside was no room service available, but local restaurants deliver and the Wifi was spotty.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad that you had a great time. If you're coming back to New York in the future, I hope you'll have the chance to come back.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Very disappointing for the price point. Fun, trendy pool but be prepared to pay extra to enjoy it. Guest rooms and facilities are dated, worn and not particularly clean. Staff is nice but not terribly responsive... overall would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I'm so sorry that we did not deliver the experience that was promised. Thank you for highlighting the areas where we can make improvements. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us over the phone or through email to discuss these areas further.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

This was the first time visiting this neighborhood in Brooklyn. The staff was friendly and helpful, down to the parking attendant in the garage next door. We were visiting family and were traveling with 2 kids ...the location for us couldn't have been better. Subways were close , park across the street, and plenty of great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad that this was the perfect spot for your family vacation and I hope you'll have the chance to stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

I love staying at this location...James, Jessica and Martin go out of their way to make me feel at home. Great location, great rooms, killer views and really nice roof top bar. You can't go wrong staying here.

Dear James,

I’m so happy that our team members went the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Thank you so much for leaving a review and I hope you’ll have the chance to come back very soon.