“Margaritas here are amazing”
Review of Gran Electrica

Gran Electrica
Ranked #108 of 6,694 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexican food in Dumbo, just next Grimaldi's Pizza
Reviewed September 19, 2018

My wife and I love margaritas. We are sort of connoisseur. This place makes amazing margaritas top 10 that I've had in the city. The bartenders clearly pay attention to their craft.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Being from Texas I have a high standard for my Mexican food and these guys did a pretty good job. I had the Chile relleno which was cheese and cooked very well. I also enjoyed the plantains as well. The carnitas was a bit oily and the guacamole wasn’t great, felt more like grocery store Fuad we get in Texas. Pricing was pretty decent for NY and the outdoor patio was very nice.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Good, fresh ingredients in tapas-sized dishes, so prepare to order more than you might expect. This is a great modern Mexican, with great Margaritas - quite noisy when full as everyone is quite packed-in but well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Concierge at the Hampton Inn in Dumbo recommended this restaurant to us. We walked over, takes about 15 minutes, and it’s certainly worth it. They have a really neat patio in the back for outdoor seating. We sat inside with a table in front of a window where we could people watch. Everything in this restaurant is home made, all farm to table. We started off with guacamole and house chips, and they were so delicious. My wife had the fish tacos and I had a cheese and sausage dish. The presentation of the food was done right. Both dishes were outstanding. We would visit again without question. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

There are many good restaurants in the dumbo neighborhood of Brooklyn but this one is a gem. The restaurant is nicely decorated.... including day of the dead wallpaper I think they might have actually drawn themselves.
The staff are friendly and professional and know the menu if you have any questions.
Although the food might be a little bland for hardcore authentic Mexican food lovers like me. It's all very tasty and all from scratch.