“Horrible Arena”

and up
Private Tour of Brooklyn Neighborhoods by Foot and Subway
Ranked #17 of 235 things to do in Brooklyn
Reviewed 29 September 2014

I've been to arena's all over the country. I live on Long Island and used o drive to NJ for Nets games. I was looking forward to this place for the Nets but it is horrible. The Islanders are now moving there and it is even worse. Not only do I have to shell out 43 bucks for an off peak train for me and my fiance to get to the arena on the railroad but it is DARK, CRAMPED and downright unpleasant with the worst angles ever! Especially for Hockey, half of the arena is obstructed view. It hurts me cause she hates it so much she won't even go and this is where my teams play now. I am going to miss my 15 min drives to Nassau Coliseum where I could park my car. The good days are surely over in NY and I am inline for the move to NC between losing my team and the jobs here. The Prudential Center in NJ is much nicer and wider. Everyone moved out of Brooklyn in the 50's and honestly they should have stayed out unless they planned on bulldozing it and building some parking lots and nice modern facilities.

5  Thank cdenigris
Write a ReviewReviews (1,575)

Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

The Barclays center opened a few years ago in Brooklyn and it has become a very popular destination for concerts and nets basketball games. It is a very clean and well run stadium. The architecture (from the outside) makes the trek to Brooklyn worthwhile. They have done a great job with transportation. The subway hub is right underneath the stadium and you can get there from Manhattan in less than 15mins. The area around the stadium is also slowly changing with opening of more popular stores and restaurants.

1  Thank Katrin S
Reviewed 16 September 2014

The actual center is VERY Gaudy!!! But they've had some pretty good performers there. I got to see Marc Anthony when it first opened and it was awesome. I live about a half hour away if I walked there.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

Great new arena. Went here a couple times for a bball game and a concert. Both times had a great time. Nice, clean, spacious seating (relatively) nice selection of food spots and good design that makes it easy to see the floor from almost anywhere.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Its a large venue so it can be hard to enjoy a show, but every time i've been there it was great. The sound is good and although the last show I was at, I sat very high up, it was still a good view. Sometimes you gotta just go to these big venues for the bands you love.