“Ultimate pizza !! ”

Ranked #165 of 6,663 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

I can easily say that this place does the nicest freshest tastiest pizza a human can have great atmosphere in restaurant and it’s a well oiled machine !! Pizzas fly out quick to customers and staff are very friendly . Plenty of toppings and great size pizza . As soon as I go back to New York I am going straight to this place . Can’t speak high enough of it !!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,305)

Reviewed March 1, 2018

This is straight from the horse's mouth (manager of Grimaldi's and manager of Juliana's): Grimaldi's was sold maybe 8 years ago and Mr. Grimaldi retired. The new owner of Grimaldi's moved the restaurant to it's current location. Maybe around 2012 Mr. Grimaldi came out of retirement and opened up Juliana's in the former Grimaldi's location. So if you want Mr. Grimaldi's pizza, you need to eat at Juliana's.

Grimaldi's does not serve alcohol. A "small" pizza can really serve up to 4 people - it's HUGE. They are cash only.
I ate the pepperoni pizza. The flavor profile was simple, which I appreciated. The cheese was good quality and so were the toppings. Not sure why they burned the basil. Definitely not a grease bomb. I thought it was delicious. No reason to hate on this pizza!

Juliana's seems to be a little more "upscale" with a larger menu, including salads and alcohol. I went on a Tuesday night around 6:30PM and both restaurants were busy but by no means did you have to wait for a table. I'm not sure if I would stand in hours in line for this pizza - it's delicious but nothing special. I'm pretty sure NYC and Brooklyn have a ton of really yummy pizza places. If the wait is short, definitely check it out, but if it's a long wait, try your other options.

My total bill was $25 and that included the "small" pizza with the extra topping of pepperoni, a root beer and tip/tax.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

We were enjoying the sunset on the Brooklyn Bridge and decided to go for a pizza place to have dinner, we've just gone to the best place to eat a real Italian pizza in US with exceptional attendance by all Grimaldi's employees and as a dessert they serves a really ancient Italian sweet - TARTUFO - Just SPETACULAR =D

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

“Small” pizza 6 verylarge slices for Mum and I! We found it very tasty ! Busy !
Friendly staff
Paper plates and cutlery.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved our pizza from Grimaldi’s.
We were only in the queue for 5 minutes. Restaurant was warm and cosy and service was very quick.
Wasn’t put off by the paper plates, it’s not fine dining. Also didn’t matter that we couldn’t have an alcoholic drink, it’s not a big deal if you can’t get a beer.
We had a pepperoni and ham and it was absolutely delicious, lovely and fresh made to order and didn’t take long at all! Could taste every ingredient! The sauce was absolutely delicious. We ordered a small and we were worried we wouldn’t finish it but it was so delicious we couldn’t leave it!
Would definitely go back on another trip to nyc.
I left my bag in the restaurant too and had to run back for it once I was on the bridge, but one of the servers had rescued it for me! Thankyou!