“Great Food. Soooo slow”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Their breakfast food is soo good but do not go in there hungry. You will wait for a really long time. Delicious French Toast. Lovely service

There are newer reviews for Sidecar

Reviewed 21 November 2014

Went here after seeing this reviewed on food network a while ago, Had the fried oysters and Brussel sprouts appetizers, they were both delicious.
Two of us had the fried chicken, which was awesome. Great crunch and juicy chicken, even the breast. Another of our party had the duck special which was pan seared duck breast with a turnip Au gratin side that were both delicious. The duck sauce was out f this world, made with black currants.
Service was attentive, ambiance is old world pub with a flash of hipster.

Would definitely eat here again, once a week if I lived in Brooklyn again!

1  Thank bklyn_jim
Reviewed 18 October 2014

We had gambas and ordered a bottle of riesling after having tried to read the menu in a very dark place for a restaurant. The gambas were good but few 5 off xand 3 small toasts. It was OK for our hunger. The botle of riesling turned out to be half a bootle. The waiter presented the check before we had finished our wine.

1  Thank jensk250
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Stopped in one late afternoon with my daughter for a drink. We sat in the back patio, which is a great space to relax and talk. The drinks were good, but on the pricey side. My second visit was for dinner on a Thursday evening. I was seated at the back bar, where you can watch the chefs prepare the food. I was the only one seated there. There were several people sitting at the front bar. When I asked why he seated me there, he said it would fill up soon. As soon as a small booth opened up, I asked to be moved. The booth was very comfortable, but the lighting is on the dark side. When I asked about the best item on the menu, I was told it was the fried chicken. So that's what I ordered. The food was tasty, but $20 for fried chicken and two sides is a bit on the high side. I paid extra on top of that to get all white meat. The only possible vegetarian dish was the pasta. I would visit again once the menu changes. By the way, no one else was seated at the back bar the entire time I was there.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

I feel like this place is moderately priced for the quality and amount of food. I personally think the portions border on the Cheesecake Factory portion size, but it's very flavorful and delicious. On the plus side, you'll have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. I had the gumbo and loved it. And the bartender was excellent and though I can't remember the name of my cocktail, I remember it being very very good. I'd go back again if for nothing else than to try something else on the menu.