“Banh Mi heaven close to BBG!”
Review of Banh Mi Place

Banh Mi Place
Ranked #795 of 5,835 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

This is a great find! We dropped by here to pick up banh mi sandwiches but also ended up getting some summer rolls. Both amazing! The peanut hoisin sauce for the rolls was by itself worth the long queue! I ordered the classic sandwich and it was so good, I will definitely go back next time I'm in the neighborhood. Both were very fresh and travelled well on the train back to Manhattan.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I was spending a day at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and the Brooklyn Museum. This was a perfect lunch spot. It's nothing fancy, but I really liked my banh mi and loved the bubble tea. It's tiny, so be prepared to get it to-go.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

Everything about my Banh Mi chicken sandwich was perfect. And..they are not stingy with the amount of chicken. Only a few tables inside, so best to have a plan B if you can't find a place to sit. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was near where my friend lived where I was staying, so I ended up eating here twice in 1 day.
First, I had the Tofu Vegetarian Pho soup. (I had this once at the Saigon Restaurant in Manhattan and fell in love with it.) Although it looked good, it was very bland. Just noodles, broth, tofu and sprouts. Once I added some of the sauces from the counter, it was better.
My brother and I really enjoyed the Bahn Mi sandwiches. He got the classic and I got the vegetarian. Their bubble tea was awful though, the worst I've had. We got 2 different kinds of bubble tea and didn't want to finish them. I think this place has potential if they just kicked in some flavor / spices for the soups and created new recipes for the bubble teas. Prices are reasonable for a restaurant in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

Only a short walk from the Botanical Gardens and about 10 minute walk from one of the main entrances to Prospect Park, an ideal location for lunch on a day out in Brooklyn. I was amazed at the quality of the food at such a great price point. For $9 you can get a full banh mi sandwich and bubble tea. The bubble tea was near perfection - some of the best I have sipped in this city, and they even had a soy milk option for the milk teas which is surprisingly difficult to find in NYC. The sandwich fillings are flavorful (good variety of vegetarian options) and stuffed into a generous sized roll that is soft on the inside with a nice crunch to its crust. However, I could have done with a tad less mayo. This truly is a fantastic lunch deal that you should not pass up if you happen to be in the area. A great place to pick up some sandwiches and tea to take to the park for a picnic on a sunny summer day. Just writing this review is making me thirst for some bubble tea. I am tempted to run over right now!