7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$350
Trip.comUS$386
FindHotelUS$350
1,334 results
All reviews rooftop bar hotel ambassador corner suite wrap around balcony manhattan skyline beautiful hotel outdoor pool room service hotel guests east river wedding weekend new york donuts king room l train rooms are small leuca
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Hotel was great, comfortable bed, spacious room, places to put things, friendly staff. Be aware though, while street parking is legal and restrictions are clearly marked, if you have an out of state plate, you will get towed for no reason. The valet agreed with us that it was a legal spot and you cannot dispute the charges at the impound lot. To dispute we would have to come back to NY to do it. Luckily for us, we do come to NY often so we can, but not everyone could and they’d have to eat the $200 fee.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WVale111, Manager at The William Vale, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2020

Dear lbacaputo -

Thank you for a great review!

Your kind words towards our facilities are appreciated but I am grateful to see our staff's friendliness is recognized. I am sorry to hear about your car. In case you are traveling with car again, we do have valet service available to avoid any situation on the street.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 29, 2019

Stayed here for one night in a balcony king room. Enjoyed our stay overall but felt like there were a few significant misses.

Here's what we really liked:

-The views of the manhattan skyline were great, especially from our balcony and the upstairs restaurant/lounge
-Very modern room design
-Room was extremely clean with a great shower
-Friendly staff

Here's what could have been better:
-The curtains do a terrible job of keeping light out - our room was very bright by 6am.
-The bed was very soft and unsupportive - very difficult to sleep.
- Hotel lobby was a little drab.

Overall, I was left questioning how customer-focused the hotel truly is. Upon arrival, we called to ask for ice. Our expectation at $400/night is that someone could bring ice to us upon request. Instead, we were directed to go to an ice machine a few floors above ours. Not a huge deal, but again, at $400/night per room, i had expected more. Also, there were a few places where the hotel outlined that its checkout time is 11:00am. Some of the language used seemed a little aggressive. In one cases, they talked about an automatic late fee for checking out even shortly after 11am. In the welcome letter they left in the room, they talked about how check out time is "promptly at 11:00am". Made me feel more like a school child than a guest, i'm sure most people won't be bothered, but it seemed overkill to me. Lastly, we were disappointed that the cheapest bottled water in the room is $10. At these room rates, it would seem reasonable to include a bottle or two with your stay, or at least charge $3 or $4 for a bottle. $10 seems egregious.

All in all, this was a very nice hotel that makes sense if you are able to get it on a night when the rates are in the $200 range but I think it falls a little short if you are spending $400+ per night.

Room tip: balcony views of manhattan

Dear Packinmybags8181 -

Thank you for a constructive feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed the view from your room and the Westlight. The friendliness of our team is what we are proud of and I am glad it is recognized. Thank you for pointing out about the curtain. We will definitely take a look at that to make an improvement. Some of our guests rave about the bed, but unfortunately it seems it was not for you. We do offer ice delivery but we also point out where the ice machines are as it maybe more convenient to our guests. I am sorry if it was not offered to you. Complimentary bottles of water are offered at turn down service each night.

Our team is dedicated to be better every day. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

I checked into the William Vale on December 20th and planned to check out on the 24th. I loved it there so much that I changed my plans and stayed until the 28th! What kept me there? Aside from the beautiful views and amazing neighborhood, William Vale has THE BEST hotel ambassador I’ve ever met. Every day he greeted my mother and I warmly and always had the best suggestions. He really helped us feel like we were important and valued. It felt as if we had a good local friend who truly cared about us enjoying ourselves. Because of Peter, the ambassador, I will return again and again!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Wander194098 -

Thank you for staying at The William Vale!

It is the best compliment to hear that you extended your stay because you enjoyed so much. I am glad you had a chance to talk to Peter.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

The front desk agent Melissa cancelled our reservation for no reason. Thankfully Hotels.com paid for our replacement hotel. What a mess. I have stayed in Williamsburg a dozen times, the Williamsburg Hotel has much better customer service and treat you like gold. I recommend to cross the street and stay there.

Reviewed December 18, 2019

The hotel experience began and ended in the same manner.

Upon checking in, I was greeted by Peter, the ambassador, who elevated what would have been a great hotel into an excellent experience. Upon accompanying me to my hotel room and introducing me to the accomodations the hotel had to offer, he made me a promise that he would help me find whatever I may need nearby.

Peter kept his promise as I walked through the lobby and he asked if he could help with anything. He directed me to a nearby restaurant which was precisely what I sought and also prevented me from walking out without an umbrella. Within minutes of leaving the hotel the umbrella kept me from getting wet and I was able to enjoy an excellent meal while having kept dry on a cold day.

This set the tone and expectations for the weekend and it remained the same throughout. I didn't feel like a guest at the William Vale Hotel I felt as if I were welcome to Williamsburg.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Trip type: Travelled with family