“New Mexico enchiladas just like I remember”
Review of The Jalisco Cafe

The Jalisco Cafe
Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in Silver City
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 28, 2017

I grew up in Silver City long ago when the tortillas were made in the kitchen and the enchilada sauce was made from scratch, not from a can. Nothing has changed. You can order the (red or green) enchilada sauce as hot or as mild as you want. The typical NM enchilada is flat (not rolled) with a fried egg on top, no meat. Back in the day, this was the meatless Friday meal. You can order the beans boiled or refried. Don't forget the guacamole and chips and for dessert the biggest sopaipillas you have ever seen. It isn't beautiful, but it IS authentic! The server was pleasant and helpful. And the food came quickly. The decor reflected the New Mexican ambiance.

1  Thank Lyn K

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

This has got to be the absolute best mexican food that I have ever eaten!! If you go in the evening make sure to ask for a waitress named Jude!! She is an excellent waitress!!

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We hit right at the lunch hour but were seated quickly. We knew we were going to wait a bit for our lunch but we had plenty of chips and mildly spicy salsa to keep us busy. I ordered the tortilla soup and a green chili and chicken quesadilla, my partner chose the tostada combination. I thought the soup had an odd flavor I couldn't quite identify and it wasn't my favorite. The quesadilla and tostadas were great and the serving size, abundant. The service was good and a very pleasant ambiance. I plan on returning although I won't revisit the soup.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

When we visit Silver City we also stop in and we are always glad we did. Great authentic New Mexican food.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

On a day trip to Silver City we stopped in at the Jalisco Cafe for lunch. My husband said the hamburger and fries were one of the best he ever had. I enjoyed a variety of tacos. The service was excellent. We would definitely stop at the Jalisco Cafe for another meal the next time we visit Silver City.