“Won't stay there again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Page
Tooele, Utah
“Won't stay there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Not the worst hotel we stayed at on this 2 week trip but was second worst. Shower kept getting really hot then really cold. Room had leftover hair in it and bathroom was not very clean. Breakfast was the worst that we had. Pool was very clean even though it was small. No close parking and no help with our many bags. Not worth the money we paid at all. Would expect to pay $60 for a room like this not the $100+ we paid. Will pay more for a better hotel next time. Not worth my money at all!!!

Room Tip: No good rooms that we could see
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
rodewayinnpageaz, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Page, responded to this review, 17 September 2011

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Page for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the fluctuating water temperature you experienced from the shower in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Page. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I had booked our rooms (2) for a family trip back in March 2011 for travel in late May 2011. I thought Rodeway was a good hotel chain...boy! was I wrong! First of all, I had reservations for 2 rooms with king beds. We got 2 rooms with 2 queen beds instead. When I went online to see if there was a price difference, yes, there was: $10.00 less for the queen room from what the king room was quoted (and confirmation showed) online. When I complained to the clerk (who was the owner), he would not give me the difference. We had originally planned to stay there for 2 days; we cut our trip short and only stayed one night.
The property is older; the parking lot is a mess. You might park your vehicle, but good luck getting your car out if you need to! Cars are even parked on the sidewalk. The room smelled like disinfectant. I have asthma so this smell makes it very difficult for breathing.
We turned on the light switch near the door, but no light came on in the room. So we turned the switch on each of the wall lamps, hoping for a light to come on. The switches we turned just spun and one finally lit. Those light switches are a fire hazard!
The grounds were being mowed when we arrived and checked in; we were able to bring up our bags to the second floor, but when we went back outside, the sprinklers were on. There was no way to avoid getting wet if we wanted to get to our car. We saw another couple come out of their upstairs room, and when the woman saw the sprinklers on, she was wondering how to get to their car without getting wet.
I used the hotel washer (they only have one washer and one dryer). It took about 1 1/2 hours to do one wash load--probably because the sprinklers were on and the water pressure was so low. I ddn't use the dryer; I couldn't see waiting any longer. There is a laundromat across the street and next to a grocery store. I recommend using that instead of the hotel washer/dryer.
A bar/restaurant (Mexican) is attached to the office. We ordered taco salads to go so we could eat in our room that night. The food wasn't that good. I don't know if the restaurant is part of the hotel property, but if it is, they should improve the service as well as the quality of food. (I waited about a half hour for the taco salad--Taco John's drive-thu is much faster!) Also, the restaurant manager/owner didn't know how to turn the A/C on; he had a cook come out to fix it.
The next morning, we went to the lobby to get some information for the area and have our complimentary continental breakfast. The lobby was locked, and although there were chairs outside to sit on, it was a long wait for that first cup of coffee. Several people had come and gone while the clerk was setting up the food. My husband walked 3 blocks down the street to the gas station to get coffee because he was tired of waiting.
The doors finally opened up, and here was the milk sitting on the counter. My husband had been watching the clerk set up the food, and the first thing he did was pull the milk from the refrigerator. So it sat out on the counter for at least an hour before opening up the lobby. We passed on this breakfast because we didn't know the state of the rest of the food. The only thing I took was a cup of coffee, banana and orange. I figured they couldn't do damage to the fruit or coffee.
When we went back to our room the sprinklers were back on! Once again, it was with effort to get back to our upstairs room without getting wet! It wouldn't have been bad had we gone swimming, but the swimming pool hours are much later than other hotel properties' hours and end earlier, too. We didn't use the pool.
I would NEVER stay there again! I do NOT recommend anyone staying there. If you want to crash for the night, maybe this is the place to stay (note that I wrote "maybe"). This property needs some building inspections (remember the light switch) and health inspections (remember the warm milk on the counter). Try the Holiday Inn or other property, but stay away from Rodeway.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
rodewayinnpageaz, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn Page, responded to this review, 15 July 2011

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Page for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Breakfast staff received additional training concerning putting on a proper breakfast.

2) Maintenance was approached concerning the problem with the sprinklers and asked to find some sort of alternate way of using them so that our valued guests wouldn’t have the problem of getting wet.

3) Maintenance was informed of the problem with the light switches in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair. They also were instructed to look into the problems concerning the washer and dryer.

4) The owner was instructed that the prices on the website and at the establishment should be the same. He/she also received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Page. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Tabernash, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

I read the reviews, but needed an inexpensive room, so booked anyway. As previous people have said it is old and worn at the edges, but you get what you pay for. Our room was clean and the staff were polite. The breakfast was basic, but again you get what you pay for. I would stay again........

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank coloradocakelady
Pershore, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Myself and partner were on a 14 night road trip around California and Arizona. We were staying in budget motels so weren't expecting too much. However, this hotel was so bad I felt compelled to report back. Arrived and checked in, receptionist was very indifferent and the service was nothing like the hospitality we had become accustomed to in the US. We had vouchers and wanted a $49 room but were told there were none of these left so we agreed to pay a higher rate as we were tired and it had been a long day on the road.

When we opened the door we found the room was extremely small, but worse than that, it hadn't been made up! This was pretty bad considering it was 4pm.

We went back to reception and asked for another room, the receptionist was very rude to us and made us feel like it was our fault the room hadn't been made up and that we were the ones being awkward!

We were given a key for a second room, which looked OK on entering, and was a better size. We put down our bags and I went to the bathroom, when I closed the door there were clothes hanging on the back of the door, including underwear, so I once again went back to reception to complain. This time the receptionist burst out laughing when I said I had found underwear in the room and she walked away leaving me standing there. By this time I was getting really annoyed as we had somewhere we wanted to be at 5pm. Eventually someone else arrived (I presume the manager although he never said) and asked me to show him so I went back to the room and showed him the clothes. I then said I was unhappy and requested the room for the $49 price as we had been inconvenienced. He refused and so I said there was obviously a problem with their housekeeping and how could I be sure that the room had been cleaned properly given the experience so far? As I said it I picked up a towel to demonstrate and as it unfolded it revealed blood stains on it! At that point I grabbed our bags and we left.

Do yourself a favour and don't stay at this hotel, it was awful, stay at the Budget next door as we did and found it much cleaner, larger and half the price!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tomsbird
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Page for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for the problems that you experienced there.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much apprecicated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) The receptionist staff and management received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Page. I think you will be greatly pleased.

san antonio, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

The hotel was filthy, as in candy wrappers on the floor and behind the nightstand hadn't been cleaned in months. We paid for 4 people but only had 2 towels in the bathroom. We went and got more towels. Wifi was extremely slow. The next morning breakfast started at 6:45am and by 7:15am they were out of orange juice. No apologies so we had to go buy orange juice. The breakfast was very minimal at the very least. Other friends were meeting us there and were told they would have a room by us. When they checked in, it was all the way on the other side. Staff was not accomodating at all and there was trash outside also.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Page for your recent stay in our area.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that the area outside the building presents a clean and proper appearance.

3) Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

I had a reservation for $89/ night. Just looked at my CC statement and see it was hit for $139.00. Presently fighting with the hotel on that... The room smelled and when we asked to be moved we were told no. Worst experience we have had with a Choice Hotels property. Would not recommend

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Page for your recent stay in our area.

1) Management was asked to look into the matter of the extra charge on your credit card.

2) Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Desk staff received additional training regarding the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Baton Rouge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

My husband pulled up to this hotel and checked our family in before consulting with me. I never would have checked into this particular hotel because the outside looked shoddy to me. I was pleasantly surprised at the interior of the hotel room, however. It was very clean and it turned out to be very quiet. A very simple breakfast was included in the cost of the room (coffee, juice, toast, limited selection of cereal, apples). Staff was friendly at check-in. Other than that, I never saw the staff. It was a low-key place. Good value for the night's sleep we all got. We had inquired at other area hotels, and they were all quite expensive in comparison.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family