“Neat, Clean Place to Stay”
Review of Mangy Moose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Marais
Mangy Moose Motel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Grand Marais
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We enjoyed staying here. The room was neatly kept and clean. The owner made an extra effort to identify locations up the Gunflint trail to fish for rainbow trout. Not being familiar with the area we really valued that. When we left we accidently left a plastic bag of laundry in the closet. The owner took the effort to send the bag to our home with a note that read "next time leave the trout and take the laundry"! Funny!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The owners were very pleasant and helpful with local information. The room was clean and cozy. Close to downtown, so we walked almost everywhere we went. I would definitely recommend this motel and I would definitely return!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Nothing cookie-cutter about this motel. Each of the rooms are a little bit different. We've stayed at #2, #3 and #10. Enjoyed all three. The motel reflects the character of Grand Marais, MN. It's the most charming, beautiful, friendly, walk-able and interesting small town in the Midwest. Thanks to the owners for their kindness and making us feel happy about staying at the Mangy Moose Motel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The new owners are very pleasant and accommodating. This is an excellent place to stay in Grand Marais. I would suggest staying at the Mangy Moose when in town. These are new owners so give them a try.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at the Mangy Moose last week. Clean, quite, perfect location - walked to many restraunts - weather was fantastic, enjoyed sitting out by the fire pit one evening. Thanks for making your motel our #1 stop on our roadtrip, job well done! Missed meeting Danielle but Bill was the perfect host.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

This was the nicest place I stayed at on this trip. The people that own it were so nice. I would stay here again in a heart beat. They do all the work around there themselves. I was so impressed. It was so clean and well kept.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My friend and I traveled to the Mangy Moose over Labor day weekend. Our stay was lovely. The owners of this lovely motel are so accommodating and sweet. They would always ask how we were doing and if we enjoyed our day. Our room was spotless and so comfortable. Even though the motel is on the main road, the noise didn't bother me. I slept very well! Our vehicle needed repairs on the day we checked out. The owners were kind enough to place us and our luggage in a different room as we waited for the repairs to be completed. The owners are genuine folks and are on my top ten Minnesota Nice list!!! I can't wait to go back!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1.9 km away
Aspen Inn
Aspen Inn
#6 of 10 in Grand Marais

Been to Mangy Moose Motel? Share your experiences!