“A Jewel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

After my husband and I found this place in Gatlinburg he refuses to stay anywhere else. It's a jewel in the middle of hotels and motels that are dreadfully in the need of modernizing. This hotel is perfect in every area. The first time we stayed here we received a free aquarium ticket. The exterior is beautiful but, the interior is just as delightful and the staff is super friendly plus helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank torit83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I am SO happy to have found the Old Creek Lodge! My husband & I just stayed the night there for a quick anniversary get-away and were thoroughly impressed. Not only did we get a good rate of $68 / night, but were extatic that we finally found an affordable place that is UPDATED! We stay one night in Gatlinburg every year for our anniversary, and every place we have stayed has had the same old dated decor. But our room at the Old Creek Lodge was VERY clean, tastefully updated, right on the creek, & had a fireplace and spa-bath tub in the room that we didn't even expect! Also, the beds were very comfortable. I LOVED the tiled shower and granite bathroom countertop! The flatscreen t.v. was very nice too. Not to mention ALL of the furniture and bedding. I could go on and on. Location couldn't have been any better either! Very convenient, yet right off of the busy strip. We were able to walk EVERYWHERE! We had a very good Ale steak at Calhoun's before heading back to our room after a day of roaming the streets. We really have no complaints at all! I know where we are staying everytime we go back to Gatlinburg in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 209 and LOVED it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura M
dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in 'Old' Gatlinburg. I stayed here when it was Fairfield Inn also, and it is improved........along with that is ahigher rate, but what can you expect?

Pros -- I love the fact that every room has a fireplace, a balcony and is RIGHT on a stream with trees at your fingertips -- no other place in Gatlinburg has this, where you face the stream is semi-private even, you can see another hotel, but it isn't on a street location - just adorable, and I love hearing the stream at night and first thing in the morning. The linens are so comfortable, plus and very pretty, and the decor is very cute/lodge like. Has all the amenities you need - micro, fridge, flat tv. The handicapped bathroom was great, new stone decor, walk-in shower etc. I also like the fact that you don't walk down a long corridor to your room, you can open your door and be outside, yet I felt safe there. This hotel is better than Bearskin except for the pool. Loved the pics in the room too - nice touch!

Cons - yes, I like the location for the stream and being away from traffic, but with that you lose the strip, it would be quite a walk to go to the aquarium or Pancake Pantry from here- as they are on the opposite end and the shuttle just doesn't work for those unable to walk up stairs. So, despite being in Gatlinburg, I ended up paying for parking when I wanted to go to the other end of the strip, which I did daily because the free breakfast here, is just not much - and with Pancake Pantry there -- you just have to go out for breakfast while on vacation. The bathroom sink was small too, but it woult be hard to remedy that, and since they just renovated, I doubt they will anytime soon. The pool is nothing either, but I wasn't interested in that. There is a small area near the elevator that they should do something with -- maybe expand the eating area/kitchen so that it has outside dining??? And they really should get a waffle maker for any kids that might be staying and for whatever reason unable to go to a restarant -- just don't eat at Bennett's BBQ!

Though the furniture was cute, I doubt it will stand up over time, and some of it was not functional.

Room Tip: Handicapped room had wonderful shower. Ask for AARP discount. Get room on lower floor, elevator get...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DallasPepper
Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Upon checking into my room I found the toilet didn't work. Front desk came to my room and handed me a plunger and walked off. Room was not cleaned properly. Ice makers and pop machines did not work.

I have stayed at this property for the last ten years under the Fairfield brand and felt I got what I paid for. Now it feels like a new sign and facade and everything else has been cut from the budget. Probably a good value at $59.00 terrible at $100+. Location is good but that's about it now. What a shame!!!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank Bunyan480
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed here several times when it was Fairfield Inn , we were excited that it had been "renovated". I was disappointed to find that the place was converted not renovated. The only changes to the place was the logs that were put up to make the place look rustic and mountainy. Cheaply made log furniture in the rooms. Fireplace in our room had stone that was falling out. The location is excellent , view from the balcony is great. We were booked to stay for 5 nights but left after 4 due to the lack of maid service and groundskeeping. On our first morning there a maid knocked and was VERY put out that we were even in our room still. She said she would come back to clean. We left for the day and returned to a room that had not been cleaned , new towels and beds made , but sink and sink area were not cleaned and trash was not all removed. I called and told the lady at the front desk who assured me everything would be better tomorrow. The next day we returned to the same minor cleanup - sink was obviously not cleaned , nor was the toilet or shower area. Trash was not removed from room or balcony area. Room was not vacuumed. After the 3rd day in a row of this we told the front desk we would be leaving the next morning. The hotel was not as busy as we have seen in the past so there is no excuse. Crushed up cheetos were in the walkway in front of our door our entire stay. Trash cans in the parking area were never emptied while we there , just got messier and messier until trash was overflowing the cans. I complained 3 times but nothing changed , no supervisor/manager contacted me at all. This was a great little find when it was Fairfield Inn but we will not be returning to what was our favorite place to stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Dave-Clearwater
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

My family started off by staying at another hotel but it turned out to be a nightmare. The Old Creek Lodge was just what we were looking for! The staff was pleasant, the room was nice and clean and having a stream to look at and hear right outside of our balcony just put the icing on the cake! We will absolutely stay here on our next trip!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank themaynardfamily
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our visit started off a little rocky...the room hadn't been cleaned properly from the last guest. But the problem was quickly resolved and we loved our stay! The beds were super comfortable and the creek was lovely to listen to. The fireplace was nice and warm and the jacuzzi hottub was perfect for relaxing. It was a quick walk to the main drag and a quick drive into the park. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple