“Wonderful experience”

Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens
Ranked #16 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This was worth seeing. The was figures were so life like. The narration was great from the birth of Christ to his ascending into the clouds. It felt so real and a peaceful experience. All ages should see this.

2  Thank ewillia12017

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I travel to the mountains because I enjoy the look and feel of the mountains I was raised in and because the splendor of it all refreshes my spirit. To see a place like this telling the story of Jesus as told in the scriptures just added to the good my overall trip to the Smokies did for me.

2  Thank james w
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The lifelike depictions of the life of Christ were very realistic, with much detail. It was a quiet, peaceful experience, that brought to life the events of Jesus' life, death, resurrection, and ascension. The Gift shop is well stocked with many meaningful items at a reasonable price. Well worth the time to visit. A very good value!

1  Thank charlessV9997GU
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

First, the experience was nice. However, they could stand to update it. The staff wasn't very friendly. Worth a one time visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We wanted to visit Christ in the Smokies to make sure Jesus was a focus on or vacation too, as he should be everyday. Knowing ahead of time that this was a wax museum I expected a certain amount of "cheesiness". To a degree I would say this was accurate, but for being a wax museum I would say it was well presented. We especially like the reading of scripture at each of the self guided tour displays. The narration sounds great and I like that they added verses directly from the Bible rather than just explaining each scene on their own. The self guided tour takes you through the story of Jesus from birth to death, then resurrection and assention.
The gardens left something to be desired, but that wasn't why we were there so we weren't concerned with that. The admission price is 21.95 per person, we had a coupon for one free admission. I think the 21 admission price may be a little much considering there doesn't seem to be any updates to to museum, but I don't know how many people they get through yearly or how often they update the scenes. I will add that I checked their Facebook page prior to our visit and the displays seemed to be accurately pictured on their page.
Staff was very friendly. The gift shop at the end of the tour was nice, there wasn't much different than a typical Christian store but we liked it.
Also, for those with children, the tour kept the attention of our 11 year old son as well.
Suggestion for the future: I'd like to see a display focusing on a different story or book of the Bible that would be changed out yearly for return visitors.