“Convenient, Clean, and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Camping in the Smokies

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Camping in the Smokies
Ohio
“Convenient, Clean, and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

This was our first visit to this campground. Oct 13-17, 2011 high leaf peeping season and the fall Gatlinburg craftsman fair. The manager, Bonnie, was very friendly and helpful. The location of the campground is great. Easy access to Gatlinburg, without driving, because of the trolley. A Dollar General is right next door for any necessities you need. The wi fi is free and great. Live streaming even works! They have firewood and ice available and they deliver it to your site.They have a swimming pool, but it was closed for the season by October. A scenic stream runs across the rear of the campground property. The campground is located on Route 321. If you take a right out of the campground within four miles of the park is access to Smoky Mtn National Park. This is the Greenbrier area that has Ramsey cascades. Much better than the traffic on 441 through the national park or Cades Cove. The bathrooms are very clean!! A laundry on site. Directions and helpful advice always available if you ask. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Babs_ohio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great staff, friendly and helpful, the bath house is super clean, the sites are comfortable and well designed, most back up to a nice creek. Set far enough off the road its not noisy, but has a trolley stop right in front. Wonderful, amazingly clean pool. Can't beat it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JdiamondD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

My wife and I really enjoyed staying at Camping in the Smokies. We rode down on our motorcycle and tent camped. The managers are very friendly and I thought that it was actually very nice that they escorted you to your site. Keeps someone from getting confused. They were very generous as they actually brought some extra firewood for our fire and they replaced the Trolly ticket that I washed in my pocket. On top of that, I left my glasses there and they mailed them to my home for me. I would definitely stay there again. They are just trying to have everyone be courteous to everyone else and keep the place clean (which they do a great job of.) The location is really good and I thought the price was pretty fair for tent with water and electric. The only complaint I had was at sometime in the middle of the night a trash truck comes through makes a ton of racket. Otherwise it was very quit. A pair of earplugs solved the truck noise. I slept like a baby after that. We will definitely stay here again should we chose to camp in Gatlinburg again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dawnitha
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

The plus - campground is clean. Everything else was horrible..first, you are escorted to your site and parked by owner, second, you have to by parts (sewer) so the owners "supposely" are up to par with the city ordiance, third, you can't touch the grass and last you... can't pitch a tent on the site that you have paid for (my kids were looking forward to being outside in a tent "roughing"it). To top it all off...the pool is being cleaned every second of everyday!! I assure you the men cleaning the pool didn't care about it being clean...they were to busy looking at all the women laying around it!!! BY FAR...the worse place I have ever camped and will NEVER go back...BEWARE OF THESE PPL!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank thekidsmom1971
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
0.4 km away
10.5 km away
Bear Cove Village
Bear Cove Village
#16 of 53 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Camping in the Smokies? Share your experiences!