“Barefoot Memories, Honeymoon Memories, Bear...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MrsD46
Amherst, Ohio
“Barefoot Memories, Honeymoon Memories, Bear Memories, Mountain Memories...”
Reviewed August 7, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

If you think the pictures are great, you will be shocked when you see the actual place. It was more beautiful that you can imagine. When I took a picture of my husband sitting on the deck, it looked like something from a magazine. We drove up a long windy mountain road to get to our cabin, noticing other places tucked in along the way. When we arrived at the top of the driveway, the view busted wide open to unfold what appeared to be smoke rising off the mountain tops. The leaves were out in full bloom and my mouth fell wide open when I turned and saw the size of the cabin. This was a cabin? This was a lush mountain home! I turned and looked at my new husband and thanked him (and god) for bringing us to this place to start our new lives together. I didn't ever want this moment to end. While we both enjoy eating out, there is a "Food City" right down the mountain about ten minutes away where we shopped and bought steaks and groceries to eat in our cabin almost every night, as we both agreed there was no better view in town. We spent days traveling around to places like Cades Cove where the pastures were full of wild flowers and I spotted mother and baby bears. If you like water, go to Lake Douglas and rent a pontoon boat. We spent time swimming off the boat and wishing we had our fishing gear as the fish finder was loaded with catch! We went to Clingmans Dome which has an elevation of over 6,000 feet! I bought a beautiful wedding quilt to take home because the cabin is filled with them, and I wanted something to remind us of our honeymoon. I am still looking back home for decorations that are similar to the honeymoon cabin and in fact, bought a new couch because the ones in the cabin were so comfortable that we just had to duplicate that feeling at home! The cabin was spotless and modernized with several flat screen TVs, DVD players, surround sound systems, and plenty of towels, cookware and extra blankets. The owner had stocked dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent and other essentials needed. One of the most interesting things we noticed were the huge windows which seemed to have a "polarized" effect. At night it almost seemed as if you were standing in front of large mirrors and during the day they were tinted enough that you did not have a glare. This cabin could comfortably fit a family of four, as with two people we used mainly the kitchen, living room and bed/baths. There is a nice view from the upstairs room with a pool table that we ate dinner in one evening and that is where I noticed the logs of other vacationers. If you go there, look for ours! p.s. I am forty-six and have traveled extensively before. I hope we can not only bring our children back to this place one day, but would love to retire in Gatlinburg! There is no other place like it that I have ever been and found this place offered so much to do and at the same time gave you privacy to "get away from it all." Excellent honeymoon!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Feeling at home in the mountains.
Liked least: Not staying long enough!
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NJ

OH
Reviewed May 30, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Management Response
30 May 2011
Hi Dan, thanks for the review! We're looking at the water treatment unit to see if we can run the timer at a different time during the day.
LA
Reviewed May 29, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Chantilly, VA
Reviewed May 8, 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing