“Great tastings!”

Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine
Ranked #15 of 119 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed moonshine distillery in the state of Tennessee. A visit to Ole Smoky is the true moonshine experience. As you approach the entrance, you can detect the distinct smell of our grains cooking and fermenting. You'll see authentic working moonshine stills and experience the process from beginning to end. Our distillers will take the time to visit with you and answer any questions about the history and lore of moonshining in East Tennessee.After you see, smell and hear about the process, we offer tastings of our Award winning shine! Samples of our Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, White Lightnin' and Moonshine Cherries as well as Apple Pie and Blackberry flavors - plus we offer seasonal and special flavors that aren't available in package stores. And of course, you'll be able to buy plenty of moonshine and Ole Smoky merchandise to take home with you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First I want to say that I would have rated this place 5 stars if my experience ended with the tastings...KB helped us out with the tastings and he was AMAZING!! I was going to buy 3 jars (And get a cooler free) but...then I had a question about a coupon on Facebook. One male cashier blew me off and said he didn't know anything about Facebook. The female cashier blew me off as well. My husband, who did not hear me ask them the question asked the same question again. The female actually gave him somewhat helpful information and all we had to do was walk across the walkway and pick up a coupon. I thought the cashiers were extremely rude and we ended up buying on one because we loved the BlackBerry shine! They would have made a bigger sale if the cashiers would have been nicer!!

Travis H, Guest Relations Manager at Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for stopping by. I am glad to hear you had a great time with our shine expert KB! If you have a coupon from facebook or any other outlet, you simply need to present it to the cashier at the time of check out. If you do not have an online coupon, there are many coupon books scattered across town that offer a coupon for Ole Smoky as well. We hope to see you back again soon! Shine Responsibly!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,691)
All reviews
in 66 reviews
"tasting"
in 1,558 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took a couples trip to Gatlinburg for Easter weekend and had to stop by the Holler to sample the shine. Brooklyn was great and the shine was awesome. Brought home several jars.

Thank you for choosing Ole Smoky as one of your destinations on your trip to Gatlinburg! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with Brooklyn and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Shine Responsibly!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved their whiskey tasting for $5 and receive a coupon for $5 off a purchase. Salted Carmel Wiskey was so good! Bought a bottle of it for $20! Had a great time. They also had a live band and rocking chairs to enjoy the show.

Thank you Amber! I appreciate you spending some time at Moonshine Holler to enjoy some of our live music and moonshine. Don't be a stranger, come back soon! Shine Responsibly!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The server makes all the difference . We had a great gal(I think Emily) who made it so much fun. You are not forced to drink anything you don’t want! It would have been nice to know they offer military discounts. Also they have rocking chairs and live entertainment!

I am glad to hear you had such a wonderful time here at moonshine holler! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Remember to Shine Responsibly!