“Super fun sarcasm!”
Review of Dick's Last Resort

Dick's Last Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Dick's Last Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dick is the ornery, politically incorrect curmudgeon who started this whole thing. Dick's Last Resort is known for its outrageous, surly, and energetic servers who dish out good grub, cold booze, and heaping helpings of sarcasm. From high-class to no-class, Dick's is fun for all and all in fun! The servers are always entertaining, and if yer unlucky enough, you may even catch a little live music. There's never a dull moment, which is exactly how Dick's earned its infamous reputation!
Reviewed 11 March 2012

If you like sarcasm, and great food, this place is for you. It's totally outside the norm of any restaurant anywhere. The place is purposely a mess, the servers are rude and sarcastic, and everyone wears big paper hats with negative phrases written about them on their heads. But it's all just fun and jokes. The food is reasonably priced, and surprisingly delicious! I had blackened chicken (the dolly) and my gf had chicken fried chicken. They were both excellent. We had a lot of fun. And even though the server put on a great show being rude and obnoxious, he actually provided good service and was quite nice to us when he wasnt putting on a show. We were actually pretty impressed, and very satisfied. Not so much of a family atmosphere, but a very fun place to take a group of friends!

There are newer reviews for Dick's Last Resort

Reviewed 10 March 2012

They tell you straight up that they are sarcastic and it is all in fun, if you can't handle that DO NOT GO HERE!! you would be setting yourself up for a terrible time.
My boyfriend and I however had a wonderful time! The service is not at all bad, just very sarcastic, and the food was phenomenal! It was one of the pricier places but we had a great time here! Recommended for young couples or groups that aren't afraid to be called out and slightly humiliated in public!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch and it was our first and last visit. I wasn't aware that it was a "theme" restaurant until the waitress said the theme was "good food and bad service." They lived up to half of that as the food was just OK. I had had the steak and shrimp and my wife the chicken tenders. The steak was cooked appropriately but did not have any seasoning at all. The chicken and the shrimp were just average too. The waitress made fun of us for not drinking, at 2 in the afternoon among other things. I am sure some people like this kind of stuff but it isn't for us.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We visited Dick's Last Resort in Gatlinburg on 3-3-12, which was a Saturday night. We only had to wait about 15 minutes for a table (we had 11 people in our group). Another couple we were traveling with were a little hesitant to eat here because they had heard the employees were rude and mean, and they were afraid it was going to be too inappropriate for their children. I had visited the Dick's in Myrtle Beach and enjoyed it, so I convinced them it would be okay. :)

We ended up having a good time and our waiter was fun! He joked around with the kids (ages 16, 14, 11, and 10) and the hats he made for all of us were child-appropriate. The food was just okay, and it was over-priced. However, we did spend the whole dinner laughing and being silly!

I would recommend this restaurant for anyone to try at least once, just for the atmosphere. Just be sure to go in open-minded and be able to take a joke. The employees are only offensive if you let them be!

Our girls got a kick of the waitress coming in the bathroom to get them. They walked off to the bathroom, and the waitress asked what their names were. She went in the bathroom and yelled our their names and said "Get your booties out here!"

LOL... like I said, it's all in fun, you just have to be prepared for an out-of-the-ordinary restaurant experience. I wouldn't return for the food, but I might go back again with friends just for the fun of it.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

The atmosphere is fun IF you don't mind sarcasm or potential rudeness. We had fun with the atmosphere but not so much with the price. The food quality and quantity was similar to a fast food place but came to $20+ each with tax, drink, and tip. We got the fish and chips which I would rate as a similar quality to captain D's. Not bad but not worth $20 each. If you don't mind paying extra for some interesting atmosphere, then go for it. Just don't look for a good food value here.